Position title: Planning Engineer
- To coordinate all planning activity for the project scope within the M&S programme of work, by providing the functional planning interface between Engineering, Procurement, Fabrication, Marine Installation and the Central Planning Team.
- Support the Planning Lead to deliver contract objectives across a portfolio of projects.
- Ensure contractor compliance with contractual planning, scheduling and reporting requirements detailed within the Project Coordination Procedures (PCP).
- Produce good quality, robust, salient & succinct written reports and summary presentations – able to use helicopter vision to communicate clarity from complexity.
- Maintain the M&S pinch point schedules at the Monthly Integrated Schedule Meeting.
- Support the Planning Lead by maintaining the M&S elements of the Integrated plan.
- Recommend and obtain management approval for any project re-baselines and manage the supporting PACN / MOC process.
- Develop presentation summaries and other “ad hoc” planning reports.
- Support the team in development of project schedules and identifying programme synergies.
- Contribute to the compilation of weekly / monthly reports
- Technical or Project Management degree.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- Minimal 10 years’ subsea construction and commissioning planning experience on major Oil & Gas projects.
- Prior construction/commissioning and/or Subsea related planning and
scheduling experience on Oil & Gas facilities, with major project experience.
- Previous experience of initial development / maintaining / reporting
against a level 3 resource loaded execution schedule.
- Proven track record of successfully working as part of a team of planning
engineers in a project environment, supporting the development of others
in the team.
- Significant experience working with internationally-based contractors.
- Experience and demonstrable track record of being able to communicate
planning information clearly to senior management and put in context of
the overall project status to enable quality decision making (clarity from
- Primavera (P6) project planning software.
- Advanced influencing and communication skills in English language
Please send your CV to [email protected] indicating the position title “Planning Engineer” in the subject line of your email.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.