Position title: Construction Vessel Representative
The Construction Vessel Representative (CVR) is a company focal point on a contractor’s vessel to provide assurance and oversight of operations on behalf of the company. As a member of the Team the CVR will have the following general responsibilities:
• Implementing safe and efficient execution of project scopes
• Ensure that management of change procedures (including evaluation of impact on environmental permits and consents) are implemented.
• Perform an independent check on project geodesy, Coordinate Reference System setup and transformation parameters entered into navigation system as well as any test coordinate conversions or transformations generated by the navigation system
• Review and accept pre-survey calibrations, navigation and positioning instrument tests, including the correct input and sign convention of calibration parameters and offsets of sensors to the CRP entered into the on line navigation system
• Ensure all emergencies, accidents, incidents and uncontrolled events are reported and investigated as appropriate.
• Ensuring that formal risk assessments, safety meetings, emergency drills and regular work site meetings are conducted to safely perform the works scope
• Monitors the safe execution of the work program and oversees procedural discipline
• Assuring all personnel, equipment, procedures and permits are in place for the offshore work-scope
• Exhibits understanding of the company practices and the latest international standards that assure integrity of build and construction quality
• Represent the company in incident investigation
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- Degree in Survey, Geodesy, Hydrographic Survey or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years field experience. Experience of client oversight or survey field crew leadership.
- Completed the company Permit to Work System (Performing Authority) course.
- Good understanding of DP vessels & management with a recognised DP training appreciation course completed.
- Experience of subsea installation and testing processes and application.
- Formal risk assessment training.
- Additional project experience of some of the following elements would be an advantage:
- Spools & Jumpers (rigid/flexible – Single/multi-bore)
- Flexibles/Control Umbilical’s/J Tube pull-ins
- Sub-sea Structures
- Foundation/piles installation
- DROPS protection
- Survey requirements
- Commissioning support
- Remote Intervention
- Vessel loadouts & readiness
- Support vessels/barges
Please send your CV to [email protected] indicating the position title “Construction Vessel Representative” in the subject line of your email.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.