Position title: Commissioning Telecom Senior Technician
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Ensure technicians submit daily the checksheets records of testing carried out.
• Ensure all team members are fully aware and understand all the projects safe working practices and adhere to them to maintain a SAFE working environment.
• Testing of PAGA Beacon and Speaker loops
• Testing of CCTV Process and Security Systems
• Testing of Industrial Wireless System
• Testing of Fibre Optic cabling and patching
• Testing and patching of Structured Cabling
• Jumpering and Testing within a Telecom MDF
• Testing of Marine Radar and Navigation aids
• Testing of Muster and Drilling Intercom Systems
• Performing RF Power and VSWR testing of VHF/UHF Radio equipment, feeders and antenna’s using RF test Equipment
• Take part in Tri Party Sub System/System Mechanical Completion walk downs and punch list item categorization.
• System Handover Management Process pre commissioning checksheet completion
• Undertake Performing Authority duties in accordance with PTW procedures.
• ‘As Building’ Telecom documents in accordance with project procedures.
Essential Experience, Education /Qualifications:
- A recognised Telecommunication qualification
- Compex trained with a valid certificate
- Proven track record of relevant commissioning experience on Telecom Systems on onshore or offshore Oil&Gas, Petro-Chemical or Power Industry facilities, and demonstrate an understanding of Commissioning process including:-
- Interpretation of Termination drawings, Schematics and engineering datasheets
- Experience within VHF/UHF Radio Communications
- Commissioning of Plant Telecom Systems within an offshore Environment
- Control of Work / PTW processes during execution
- System Handover Management Process pre commissioning checksheet completion
Please send your CV to [email protected] indicating the position title “Commissioning Telecom Senior Technician” in the subject line of your email.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.