Position title: Construction Vessel Representative /SME (Diving)
- To provide contingency cover for the company’s programme of projects covering all vessels for the role of CVR including diving operations
- To cover the diving SME role during the periods when the regional Diving SME is on leave or out of the country
- Providing the company input into incident investigations.
- All vessels to certain degrees involve construction activities for company programme of projects, through scheduled works;
- Ensure at the nominated worksite, that the contracted scope of work pertaining to subsea intervention aspects and HSE & Q/A requirements is implemented. These works shall include Saturation Diving including ROV operations.
- Monitor all simultaneous operational activities within the immediate area, either directly or in conjunction with a company asset OIM;
- Ensure installation contractor has a competent onboard organization and a high standard of resources in-place to successfully execute the work
- Assist Vessel Superintendent in ensuring vessel is fully equipped, and personnel, procedures, risk assessments and materials and equipment are available in a timeframe which supports the schedule;
- Managing safe execution of agreed vessel work program ensuring TRAs are performed and actively participated in by all crew members and that all vessel personnel follow procedures and comply with all requirements of PTW.
- Engineering qualification to a minimum standard of HND or equivalent professional qualification and / or 15 years minimum relevant diving industry experience appropriate to the type of diving being executed
- Must be in possession of either valid IMCA recognised surface supplied or closed bell certificates of competence relevant to the position of responsibility for the diving techniques being executed
- Shall have successfully passed a recognised and approved client representative’s training course.
- Formal risk assessment training.
- Completed the Permit to Work System (Performing Authority) course.
Skills, Abilities Required:
- A Good understanding of DP vessels & management with a recognised DP training appreciation course completed.
- Experience of subsea installation and testing processes and application.
- Project experience of some of the following elements would be an advantage: –
- Spools & Jumpers (rigid/flexible – Single/multi-bore)\
- Flexibles/Control Umbilical’s/J Tube pull-ins
- Sub-sea Structures
- Foundation/piles installation
- DROPS protection
- Survey requirements
- Commissioning support
- Remote Intervention
- Vessel load-outs & readiness
Please send your CV to [email protected] indicating the position title “Construction Vessel Representative/ SME (Diving)” in the subject line of your email.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.