Position: Scaffolding Superintendent
Socar Cape joint venture working on major construction and maintenance projects both onshore and offshore. Projects include fabric maintenance on oil & gas platforms in the Caspian Sea and onshore operations in Azerbaijan and Georgia. We have delivered value to our customers through a safe, collaborative, innovative and efficient way of working.
- Supervises and leads Scaffolding Supervisors, foremen, skilled labor, and work crews in all activities concerned with scaffolding works aspects of a construction project. Ability to optimize resources (manpower, equipment and materials) to ensure efficient and timely completion of the project. Able to demonstrate excellent organizational skills, following policies, procedures and work practices, and developing improvements where necessary.
- Commands respect of his supervisors, foremen, skilled labor and discipline workforce, and develops excellent working relationships with all other department personnel as well as client management. Able to lead and motivate staff towards a common goal or objective.
- Understands the principals and importance of planning. Monitors and tracks daily progress and work completed, comparing planned to actual. Takes appropriate mitigating action to ensure compliance with the plan, based on knowledge of available manpower, equipment, materials, and in cooperation with planning engineer and project management.
- Ensures that supervisors and foremen understand and implement the work plan, by explaining and engaging in pro‐active communication with the crews
- Supervises the preparation of three week and one week look‐ahead plans for the scaffolding works of the project, in close liaison with construction, planning and other departments and disciplines.
- Ensures that all work is in conformity to standards and specifications. Interprets specifications and discusses deviations from specified scaffolding procedures to ensure full compliance with QA/QC inspection plans and procedures.
- Ability to prepare method statements and procedures. Competent in reading and understanding specifications, drawings, and all other discipline related project and engineering documentation. Familiar with and enforces strict compliance with all QA/QC and Safety procedures, plus all Company rules and regulations.
- Has a working knowledge of scaffolding and has the ability to identify each piece of scaffolding by name and sight
- 3-5 years work experience in similar role
- Familiar with OSHA regulations for scaffold erection and fall protection
- Competent in erection and dismantle of several types of scaffold without supervision
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions, correspondence and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other team members of the organization
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English in upper intermediate level
- Appropriate knowledge of computer programs
- Advanced Scaffold Inspection certificate
If you feel you have the skills, experience and approach necessary to perform this role please apply by sending your CV to the address: [email protected] indicating position name in the subject.