Position: Crane Assurance Engineer
- Manage the crane upgrade program ensuring that all cranes mobilized to the site for operation have been effectively repaired , serviced and certified in line the approved project procedures..
- Extensive understanding of local and international codes for use of heavy cranes such as BS7121.code of practice for safe use of cranes.
- Fully comply with the HSE rules for the safe use of cranes..
- Experienced in mechanical make of heavy cranes and capable to manage full repairs from engine strip outs to changing complete boom wires,
- Coordinating a detailed maintenance program, fully documenting all procedural checks, verifying compliance with the testing regimes set out in local and international standards and mitigating mechanical breakdown.
- Capable of performing the role of the responsible person for executing multi crane lifts.
- Management of the spare parts program ensuring the stock balance of key parts are readily available to minimize mechanical breakdown time.
- Ensure that only marked, certified and suitable lifting appliances are used and available for use for lifting purposes.
- Ensuring all daily , weekly and monthly operator checks are performed..
- 10 years Mechanical experience of maintaining heavy cranes.
- High School diploma and preferably HNC in mechanical engineering.
- Extensive knowledge of BS7121 safe use of cranes code.
- Capable to supervise the strip down of cranes and problem solve root causes.
- Good leadership & communication skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
Please send your CV to [email protected] by indicating the position title (Crane Assurance Engineer) in the subject line of your email.