Position: Senior Project Engineer
Successful delivery of projects from contract award to completion and close-out
Office based, Sitting, Computer use, Offshore & onshore site visits, travel
• Main point of contact for Client acting as “Project Responsible Person”
• Initial identification and confirmation of overall project work-scope and resultant delivery of same
• Responsible for the execution of work according to the agreed schedule and budgets
• Conduct project kick-off meetings in accordance with Company procedures
• Responsible for the selection of pricing format and for producing cost estimates and terms & conditions, appropriate for each project
• Identification of additional project requirements and the associated change control management, both in terms of deliverables and commercial impact
• Co-ordinate the efforts of multi-discipline engineering teams involved in the project
• Co-ordination of sub-contracts and vendor liaison
• Performance of general, multi-discipline project tasks both in office and at site
• Assisting with identifying resource levels and allocation requirements
Ensuring adherence to Clients’ requirements / specifications, as a minimum, whilst at the same time protecting / preserving the interests of the Company
• Work proactively with relevant Cost & Planning Engineers to ensure that commitments, costs & schedule are managed and controlled.
• Work proactively and meet with the client representatives and build a good working rapport
• In conjunction with Cost engineer identify variances in project budget and expediently implement corrective actions
• In conjunction with Planning Engineer identify issue with project schedule and expediently implement corrective actions
• Regularly monitor man-hour expenditure versus budget and physical progress, ensuring potential over-runs are identified and actioned in a timely manner
• In conjunction with the Cost Engineer, responsible for the management and expedient recovery of Work in Progress costs
• Maximise sales invoicing on an on-going basis & ensure billing instructions are kept up to date.
• Evaluate outgoing RFQ’s, carry out bid evaluations and provide recommendation for subsequent Purchase Orders in conjunction with the Cost Engineer, for 3rd party services
• In conjunction with the Cost Engineer review and approve all Purchase invoices ensuring compliance with budget
• Identification of changes, and likely changes, in the scope of work
• Work closely with Finance, Procurement, Planning and the Commercial teams
• Ensuring compliance with relevant QA Health & Safety and Environmental Policies
• Responsible for approving all project plans submitted to client.
Responsible for all internal and external project reporting. Ensuring compliance with applicable Industry Codes and Standards, HSE Alerts, Statutory Instruments, Client Specifications and Legislative Requirements and establishing order of precedence on a project-by-project basis.
• Demonstration of safe approach in design and working practises.
• Encouragement of attention to safety.
• Raise issues of quality, health, safety and environmental and input to continuous quality improvement element.
• Management and leadership of assigned team
• Ensure that all projects are completed according to time, cost and quality constraints and contractual requirements
• Implement and maintain departmental processes in alignment with overall group policy
• Develop and execute comprehensive, coherent and effective procedures and documentation to control contract, operations, risk and finances of each project
• Responsible for achievement of budgets whilst maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction
• Allocate projects to Project Engineers
• Identify potential resource conflicts and suggest resolutions or escalate/refer as appropriate
• Review and approve contract variations in accordance with authorisation structure
• Generate reports on project progress against KPIs and targets
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with other departments
• Responsible for ensuring professional development is maintained and identified competency requirements are undertaken in a timely manner
• Adherence to the Company Integrated Management System
• Compliance with quality assurance, health and safety and environmental policies
• Demonstrate PD&MS QHSE principles
• Ensure unsafe activities are challenged
• Adherence to the requirements of the best practice standards recommendations and processes in the undertaking of duties, in particular, risk assessment and control, reliability and failure prevention necessary to ensure the safe design of equipment and systems
• Demonstrate PD&MS values
• Ensure direct report performance reviews are carried out within the required timescales
• Set targets and KPIs for individual team members
• Assurance of competence of project personnel under Senior Project Engineer control. Identification of personnel shortfalls and submission of proposal to Project Delivery Manager / Country Manager for solutions such as training, coaching or other measures
• Training and development of Project Engineers
• Ensure all supervised personnel are aware of continuous improvement issues of new technology
• Assistance with development of Training Plans for direct report Azeri National resources, and regular monitoring of performance against the Training Plan (NB: This is a BP Caspian specific responsibility)
Skills & Attributes
• Team working
• Customer and quality focused
• Ability to coach and mentor others
• Professional conduct
• Good communication, influencing and inter-personal skills
• Ability to use own initiative
CV’s should be sent to the following email address: email@example.com.