Position Title: Commissioning ICSS Engineer
SECTION 2: ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Lead a team of Instrument Commissioning Technicians in executing commissioning activities in
order to deliver Topsides, Drilling & LQ facilities in accordance with the project technical
standards and schedule.
· Lead by example – you are a role model
· Be visible – be seen to be always doing the right thing
· Take an interest in the workforce, promote and praise good behaviour, have quality
conversations and listen to the Team’s concerns
· Be actively involved, in the site safety systems, including but not limited to:
o Site Management Safety walk through
o Risk assessments
o Risk Assess It, Talk It, Check It (RTC)
o Permit to Work (PTW)
o Incident reporting and investigation
o Safety Observation and Conversation (SOC)
o Behavioural Observation safety System (BOSS)
· Provide HSE Leadership and work with the contractor to deliver fully on BP’s expectations on
· Control of ‘As Building’ documents in accordance with project procedure.
· Responsible for raising of Instrument discipline LUNs and ensuring that all work carried out on
Live Systems is completed under a Permit to Work.
· Responsible for issuing RFDC for Instrument systems.
· Provide Technical input to Site queries and review of all Instrument changes.
· Coordinate Vendor call offs in accordance with construction and commissioning schedule
ensuring Vendors are mobilised when required and are aware and understand the safe
working practices of the site and receive all the necessary site specific safety training.
· Attend tri-party and bi-party walkdowns with Construction and Operation. Raise/agree
appropriate punch items and progress them to closure
· Attending project meetings as required.
· Identify Instrument temporary system requirements for commissioning
· Providing engineering assistance to the construction contractor for resolution of instrument
· Witnessing and approving site acceptance tests.
· Review and acceptance of contractor supplied procedures and activities for installation of all
Instrument equipment at all site locations.
· Responsible for the compilation of relevant Commissioning Test Procedures (CTP) for the
· Responsible for the validation and verification of the SIS requirements as detailed within the
safety system lifecycle plan and the SIS Commissioning & Validation procedure
· Understand BP’s competency guidelines for IEC 61511
· Comply with IEC61511 mandatory SIS Functional Safety Assessments
· Responsible for the execution of all relevant work-scopes detailed within the CTP’s.
· Compilation of all necessary reports as/when required.
· Ensuring all Instrument commissioning personnel carryout their work and are fully trained in
accordance with site PTW procedures
· Encourage development of Azerbaijani National personnel
· Provide advice, coaching and training of Azerbaijani National personnel
· Act as a Performing Authority within Project’s Permit To Work Procedures.
SECTION 3: ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION /QUALIFICATIONS.
Educated to Degree Level or technical diploma.
· A high-level of communication and interpersonal skills.
· Significant experience of construction and commissioning of instrument systems and
equipment packages including knowledge of associated codes and practices.
· Experience of static and dynamic commissioning during Hydrocarbon live phase of a project
· Similar experience on a greenfield project
· Experience of effectively interfacing and working together with Commissioning cross-discipline
teams, Design / Construction Contractors and Operations entities.
· Experience with HSSE issues related to on-site commissioning activities.
· Deep understanding of BP Construction & Commissioning Defined Practices for both
Greenfield and Brownfield projects and the latest international standards that assure integrity of
build and construction/commissioning quality.
· Cross discipline technical and commissioning awareness would be a distinct advantage
CVs to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org