Socar Downstream is looking for a Laboratory Supervisor (QMI)
Laboratory Supervisor (QMI)
Job Holder manages the overall field on-line and in-line
analyzers’ activities in addition to ensure the lab instruments maintenance
and troubleshooting. Also, ensures the sampling cylinders maintenance
activities. These services will be in compliance with Azerbaijani law and
applicable to the latest version of ISO 17025 requirements as well as the
Job Holder substitutes Lab non-routine supervisor where required supporting and monitoring all operational QMI, QAQC, LIMS, HSE Lab activities together with lab manager.
This is a critical technical position ensuring the continuous functioning and improvement of the Laboratory and field analysers, safe operations, fitness, and local/international standards compliance for the dedicated equipment.
• Acts as the first level focal point for all QMI operations.
• Ensure proper implementation and functioning of site online analyzer activities and QMI surveillance through
• Provide QMI and Instrumentation technical assurance, expertise, performance monitoring, and solutions to ensure high onstream availability, reliability, and integrity during the run and maintain, plant changes, projects, and turnarounds. This includes development, review, and maintenance of site procedures, work instructions and all relevant documentation to ensure consistent, sustainable operationalization of assurance recommendations and sound knowledge management
• Develop QMI and instrumentation assurance strategy in accordance with regulatory requirements, safety, industry, and best practices and guidelines
• Leads QMI Laboratory Specialists
ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of their duties.
• Visits and helps improving other SDM sites (remote), for the efficiency and effectiveness of. QMIs
• Perform detailed functional tests on systems integrated from different vendors.
• Manage internal verification of Online Analyzers (SQC)
• Performs investigation of Out of Specification results and implements the corrective and preventive measures and complete root cause analysis where necessary
• Supports Lab Management for contract and procurement management with respect to QMIs
• Supports Lab Management on preparing laboratory monthly report identify the high and lows from the technical and quality perspective in accordance with QMI activities.
• Supervises and guides the QMI, HSE, Quality, LIMS Related document implementation, continuous improvement of the system and related processes.
• Ensures all international/local audit requirements covered
• Consistently informs his/her line manager on critical technical/quality issues and suggest solutions for the improvement of the system
• Manages all staff requirements under his/her accountability – training plans, rotations, leaves, appraisals.
• Monitors and steers all QMI aspects of the laboratory related activities – waste management, spares and consumables, safe chemical and gas storage, and sample/chemical management, leads risk assessments and job hazard analysis through HSE Specialist
• Ensures all QMI team is properly trained and competent for the site and lab work
• Manages LIMS-QMI data recording and monitoring for reliable operations
• Manages QMI related contracts
Ensures Impartiality and Operation risk opportunities are covered in accordance with ISO 17025: ensures
that the Management System achieves its intended results, enhances
opportunities to achieve the purpose and objectives of the QMI operations,
prevents or reduces undesired impacts and potential failures in the laboratory activities,
• Manage a healthy interface within the department, ensuring alignment, sound quality assurance, and resource support to meet business targets
• Ensure reliability of QMI equipment to meet annual delivery plan commitment
• Responsible for shift handover process and good
communication if any of the section personnel goes on vacation or be in leave
for any reasons.
• Monitors the inventory, the stock balance, and verifies correct registering of the consumption and/or receipt, & any reallocation of material in different storage locations of the items (e.g. chemicals, spares, consumables, glassware, standard mixtures) for the Non Routine sections and keeps consistent records on these.
• Remains responsible for the items and delegations described in Table of Authority in Quality Manual.
• Remains committed to annual company
objectives and individual goals and targets.
• Supports Lab Management and provides continues coaching and mentoring to local staff within Laboratory.
• University Degree (BSc.)
with a Minimum 5 years’ experience in QMI roles and minimum 2 years’ supervisory
experience in oil and gas projects, and/or petrochemical environment (MSc.
Degree is a plus)
• Proven knowledge and skill in process analysers and sampling systems
• Knowledge on ATEX systems
• Risk Assessment experience
• Understanding of online analyzers and calibration procedures
• Previous LIMS experience is desirable
• Knowledge of local and international codes and regulations regarding plant/QMI operation activities;
• Computer literate
• Good organization and team working skills.
Any other specific requirements
• Good communication skills, both oral and written, including the ability to make presentations and write effective reports, in particular for Management Reviews
• Ability to work in team environments, communicate, understand and work within the dynamics of a multi-functional and multi-location environment
• Pleasant personality and ability to listen & influence personnel not directly under his/her responsibility;
• Ability to lead and coach international and national staff
• Capacity to integrate within an international and national workforce
• Problem solving and analytical/computer skills
• Strong commitment to safety
• Understanding chemical laboratory analyses and testing
Experience on quality control techniques a ISO 9001, ISO 17025
• Quality control techniques of above activities including field activities (Good Laboratory Practice, ISO 17025 etc)
• Strong experience on process analyzers, sampling systems, lab instruments,
• Experience as trainer
• Has leadership (influencing) skills a to influence suppliers to drive innovation
• Coach for performance within and across Group organizations)
• Qualification and experience to operate in presence of toxic substances specifically H2S
• Ability to intervene and take necessary action for any unsafe actions or incorrect acts either behavioral or technical.
• Strong customer focus (internal & external)
• Competency in English – writing, reading, speaking.
Kindly submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the position you are applying for in the Subject line. All applications for the advertised post will be assessed and given equal opportunities.
Application closing date: 07.02.2023