Position: Senior Structural Engineer
▪ To be conversant with the Project HS&E Plan. Proactively participate in achieving the highest possible International standard of HSE implementation
▪ Carry out work in accordance with Wood Plc and project Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality systems
▪ Responsible for assessing effectiveness of working practices and systems with a view to continuously improving systems, personal and team performance.
▪ Maintain the required technical quality of work.
▪ Ensure that designs comply with the relevant procedures and regulations. ▪ Supervision of Engineers in the field of structural engineering, civil engineering and naval architecture providing engineering support to onshore related fabrication, Lifting studies Jack up and loadout activities.
▪ Support to the offshore activities when required.
▪ Planning and reporting of workload including allocation of resources within the department.
▪ Providing input & coordination of the technical support to studies and tender preparation when required
▪ Keep up to date with Technical developments, National and International Standards, and legislative required related to discipline workscope.
▪ Encourage and provide lateral learning within the project
▪ Participate and contribute in Project personnel development programs.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
▪ To have a professional qualification (e.g. Degree / HND / HNC)
▪ Specialist in the use of STAAD PRO; SAP2000 and other structural software Minimum Experience:
▪ To have at least 10 years suitable experience within Structural Engineering environment and particularly the oil, gas industry, preferably with extensive experience working in fabrication yards.
▪ Demonstrates a strong commitment to Safety.
▪ Delivery focused and committed to achievement of project / company goals.
▪ Ability to interact with management / personnel at all levels – committed team player.
▪ Confident and ability to work on own initiative.
▪ Demonstrate an understanding of local cultures and a willingness to work alongside the national labour force.
▪ Aligned to the concept of nationalisation, through the development of national team members.
COMPETENCIES, CORE VALUES, BEHAVIOURS:
▪ Demonstrate a strong commitment to Safety. Ability to interact with Management and personnel at all levels – committed team player
▪ Histogram development
▪ Progress Measurement System (including KPI’s)
▪ Ability to demonstrate ‘projects status’ to all levels of management
Interested candidates shall e-mail their CVs’ to
firstname.lastname@example.org with name of position in e-mail’s title.