Position: Commissioning Electrical Engineer
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of Electrical Commissioning Technicians in executing commissioning activities in order to deliver Topsides, Drilling and LQ facilities in accordance with the project technical standards and schedule.
- Provide HSE Leadership and work with the contractor to deliver fully on BP’s expectations on HSE.
- Acting as an Authorised Electrical Person (AEP) following assessment and approval by Electrical Technical Authority.
- Reviewing and approving switching programmes for complex reconfigurations of the LV Electrical system.
- Providing engineering assistance to the construction contractor for resolution of electrical issues, etc.
- Responsible for the compilation of relevant Commissioning Test Procedures (CTP) for Electrical Power, Distribution and Generation systems, and any other Packages on the Project.
- Ensuring all Electrical commissioning personnel carryout their work and are fully trained in accordance with site PTW procedures.
- Witnessing and approving Vendor Site Acceptance Tests.
- Educated to Degree Level or technical diploma.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- A high-level of communication and interpersonal skills.
- A high level of English language skills.
- Experience of electrical construction, including knowledge of associated codes and practices.
- Experience of effectively interfacing and working together with Design / Construction Contractors and Operations entities.
- Experience with HSSE issues related to on-site construction activities.
- Understanding of BP Construction & Commissioning Defined Practices for Greenfield projects and the latest international standards that assure integrity of build and construction quality.
- LV Switching / AEP experience.
- Previous experience in similar role.
- COMPEX training previously completed desirable.
Please send your CV to email@example.com indicating the position title “Commissioning Electrical Engineer” in the subject line of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.