Position: Quality Engineer
Main Purpose of Role:
Act as an Expert in Quality Control (QC) related matters. Follow QC through all its aspects from material receipt to Final Inspection Release, looking at solutions of high quality level and, monitoring and supporting Production Phase. Promote QC and support new production solutions and techniques to achieve the most competitive and strategic results
Prime Responsibilities and Duties:
Execute activities within own area of responsibility, ensuring the compliance with the QA/QC and HSE requirements
- Understand and Comply with BOS Shelf QHSE System & Policies.
- Liaise with Client re QC Procedures and processes.
- Strictly follow instructions from the Quality Lead.
- Use own initiative for ensuring that QC is carried out correctly within the yard.
- Liaise with Subcontractors for NDT, Hydrotest activities etc
- Ensure the correct implementation of approved Company / Project Inspection & Test Plans ans QC Procedures.
- Monitor the transfer of all unique material identifiers to ensure full material traceability.
- Monitor welding parameters and use of consumables during installation / construction activities.
- Ensure QC Inspectors are monitoring procedure qualification and welder’s qualifications.
- Checks and confirms the availability and suitability of the filler material, preheating material equipment, welding sets, heat treatment equipment / records the extent of all repairs made by welders.
- Ensuring that all installed pipe / fittings are to the correct specification and that the material is in accordance with the specified drawing and material traceability requirements.
- Monitor that QC Inspectors carry out visual inspections and they raise appropriate reports.
- Monitors completion of daily inspection reports, carry out random checking for correctness.
- Liaise with welding Engineer and Quality Lead regarding welder qualifications and weld procedure qualifications.
- Ensure that all welding, heat treatment, any hardness testing, Inspection and non-destructive testing are in compliance with the relevant codes and specifications.
- Monitors repair procedures.
- Completes and issues all reporting, ensuring correctness.
- Checks that work is being performed using current approved drawings, specifications and procedures.
- Ensures that all items (structural, piping etc.) are released from workshop with an Inspection Release Certificate.
Experience in QA/QC systems would be an advantage.
Relevant certificates i.e. CSWIP, PCN for position
Familiar with all associated oil & gas standards and specifications (on-shore & off-shore scope)
Minimum of 5 years’ experience supported by a relevant QC certificates, working as a Senior QC Inspector / Quality Engineer in the oil & gas industry
Please send your CV to email@example.com by indicating the position title (Quality Engineer) in the subject line of your email.