Position: Umbilical Project Engineer
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The PPS Project Engineer is responsible for managing Hydro Test PPS personnel, equipment, and materials resources related to the Hydro test work scope, to ensure the Hydro testing is completed safely, consistently, and efficiently within the agreed job schedule. Duties include:
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES (Or DUTIES):
- Be fully aware of and work in compliance with the requirements of all relevant BHI and / or customer HSE handbooks, HSE procedures, emergency procedures and Permit to Work systems.
- Lead the engineering team for all technical aspects and act as subsea pre-commissioning SME.
- Demonstrate personal commitment to the PEP and communicate this frequently to workers
- Coordinates all Hydrotesting engineering activities within the Project Team
- Demonstrate acute Knowledge of Process and Pipeline Services Subsea pre-commissioning activities
- Ensures that adequate resources are provided for PEP implementation in terms of human, physical and financial resources
- Reviews all engineering project documents prior to submission to the COMPANY for approval
- Ensures that the project HSSE targets and objectives are met and / or exceeded
- Ensures any changes are reported to the COMPANY and are managed in accordance with Management of Change (MOC) procedures and the CONTRACT
- Participates in HSSE Audits throughout the project as defined in the HSSE Plan
- Manage Technical Clarification and queries
- Ensures any audit findings or corrective actions are closed out within the agreed timeframe
- Ensures the correct equipment is specified for the SOW
- Conducts and supports audits (internal and external)
- Ensures performance targets are met
- Attends bi-weekly meeting and ensures Minutes of Meeting (MOM) are produced.
- Carryout other tasks and duties as directed by management
- Compilation of job specific procedures, risk assessments, Test Packs, and other documents.
- Arranging Customer review and approval of the above-mentioned documents.
- Attending the initial ‘kick off’ meeting and any subsequent planning, progress reporting, and safety meetings as instructed by the Customer Representative and required by the contract.
- Supervision and safety of Hydro Test PPS crew members at the project site.
- Ensuring all Hydro Test activities are carried out in compliance with the Customer approved job procedures, ITP’s standard safe working practices, and permit to work / RTC systems.
- Coordinating Customer supplied utilities and other resources for assistance with system preparation and testing.
- Assisting the Project Manager with Logistics management including initial mobilization of resources, timely delivery of materials to the project site, and final demobilization upon completion of the testing program.
- Maintaining regular communications with the Project Manager, Customer Representatives, safety manager, permit to work office, and other personnel associated with the test program.
- Management of all job documentation and timely submission to the Project Manager and Customer Representative.
- Documenting and controlling ‘management of change’ issues.
- Maintain Project revenue reporting
- Sourcing required equipment based on project issued specifications (and understanding them)
- Operating procedure creation, based on project requirements for Hydrotesting, flooding, cleaning Gauging, Umbilical flushing and cleaning, umbilical hydrostatic testing.
- Flooding, cleaning and gauging engineering
- Umbilical fluid engineering calculations
- Running operational equipment offshore/on site
- Working as a team member to complete operations on tight schedules in a safe and efficient manner.
- Topside Hydrotest constraint.
- Maintaining a high team spirit despite operational challenges.
- Making sure that company HSE and compliance policies and procedures are followed all the time with reference to the use of PPE.
- Preparing the necessary documentation correctly and in a timely manner and having the customer sign it.
- Cooperate closely with COMPANY
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 5 years experiences in Process and Pipeline Services (PPS)
- Minimum 2 year as Project Engineer
- Minimum of 3 year as Hydrotesting Project Engineer experience
- Engineering degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Demonstrate expertise in Hydrotesting Engineer
- Good communications skills, written and oral
- Demonstrate good knowledge of PPS equipment
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership skills.
To be considered for his position, please email your resume to