Position Title: Senior Sub-Contracts Specialist (Azerbaijan Nationals Only)
Reports To: Projects Procurement Manager
Purpose of Position:
Identify, solicit and select reliable contractors to supply consultant, specialty and construction services to support project execution. Negotiate terms & conditions, prepare contracts, monitor contractor performance and delivery of services to meet objectives. Provide agreed approvals and supporting documentation for payment of invoices to ensure the required services to Worley and its clients.
Key Accountabilities of Position:
- Comply with Company and Project contracting policies and procedures and act within limits of delegated authority.
- Work with engineering, planning, project controls, construction, HSE and quality to ensure contractors deliver specified services on-time.
- Identify, develop and propose sources, solicit contractors, receive tenders, proposals and associated submissions.
- Undertake negotiation of contracts, including terms and conditions and pricing and delivery, monitor contractors’ performance, measure work in progress. Identify, propose and negotiate changes to enhance contractors’ support to the project. Administer subcontract changes and coordinate resolution of subcontract issues. Actively administer the closeout of completed subcontracts.
- Participate in program reviews, monitor program performance (schedules, deliverables, funding, invoicing, and payments), and notify program managers or directors of potential non-compliances or other problems that could have an adverse impact on the company.
- Ensure contractor’s documentation, including proposal securities, insurance, bonds and performance securities are received in accordance with the contract and are safely stored.
- Ensure contractor documentation, including work specification products due in the initial contract stages which set the parameters of the contractor’s performance of requirements, are received, reviewed and approved and implemented or revised and approved to meet the contract, as appropriate.
- Monitor contractor’s performance, approve invoices with proper supporting documentation, conduct change negotiations, manage and negotiate claims, maintain contract files, closeout contract when completion has occurred and provide surviving documentation to responsible parties.
Essential Skills / Competencies Required:
- Ability to discuss, draft and present complex contractual, legal and pricing issues is required.
Proficient in MS Office suite, including legal and business data base access. Power up your Excel skills for effective business reporting.
- Pro-active, goal oriented with excellent attention to
- Excellent customer focus and able to consistently meet Worley and its client’s needs.
- Effectively manages change to work tasks and the work environment and assists others with adapting to change.
- A person of integrity who is trusted by others and consistently honors their commitments.
- Able to identify issues, problems and opportunities; make timely decisions; develop appropriate and innovative solutions; and ask for assistance if required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to convey information and ideas to individuals and groups, and make presentations when required.
- Demonstrates initiative and a willingness to learn and continuously improve on performance.
- Able to work on multiple projects of various size and complexity.
- Able to work effectively in small to large multi-disciplinary teams and share and transfer knowledge within teams.
- Experience in the relevant discipline in the same or similar industry, including previous experience in contracts and experience in managing and leading a team.
- Approximately, at least 8 years’ experience to include experience in the relevant discipline and in supervising a team.
Qualifications, Accreditation, Training: Required:
- A recognized degree or equivalent qualification or experience, preferably
in law, business administration, quantity
surveying or related
- Experience in supply chain, procurement, contracts.
- Additional post graduate qualifications, accreditation or training
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to:
- personal well-being;
- healthy and safe workplaces and activities; and
- continuously improve Worley health, safety and environmental performance.
- Deliver quality services and demonstrate a commitment to understand and meet customer needs.
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to achieving the OneWay Vision and its associated requirements.
- Travel as required, including travel related to projects and to maintain links with other Worley offices.
- Act in the best interests of Worley at all times.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by indicating the position title (Senior Sub-Contracts Specialist) in the subject line of your email.