Position: Service and Maintenance Engineer
Responsible To: Field Service Manager (FSM)
- Define type preventive maintenance scope to be performed on a specified portfolio of FMC Tools and equipment e.g. Subsea Control Module, Work over Completion System, Manifold and Pipeline System, prior to and after offshore operations
- Define Scope of work to be perform on a specified portfolio of tools and equipment, specified above, prior to and after operation, or in storage
- Define SoW by providing the technical input for executing, repairing or modification of FMC tools and equipment. The FSE is to Manage the complete scope as agreed with the Client
- Follow up and ensure that SoW generated by FSE is being carried out by FMC and FMCs sub-contractors according to budget and timeframe, and in accordance with requirements
- Provide input to pricing of new jobs
- Coordinate and manage ALL FMC (including FMC sub-contractors) support functions and engineering groups to enable on-time delivery to Client
- Be responsible for progress, quality and on time delivery of work under its responsibility
- Perform all activities in accordance with FMC Business Management System or best practice procedures
- Generate, where required, local work instructions to execute their role within any country specific constraints; providing consistency of service, performance and delivery to the COMPANY.
- FSE shall be performance managed vs agreed KPI’s milestones, objectives and deliverables with the Client.
- Adhere to all project and workshop specific HSE and QA management plans.
- Participate in internal enhancement projects
- Support Field Service Manager where required to execute on-time delivery of service
- Primary have the authority to act for and on behalf of FMC Subsea Services (SS) in project related matters and tasks as described in Business Management System with enclosed documents.
- Act on behalf of Field Service Manager when required and agreed with Client
- Provide engineering/technical support for onshore and Offshore installation operations
- Define, manage and maintain the FMC Maintenance Plan for all CPI, in accordance with FMC procedures or as directed by the client.
- Support the FSC & Client in defining all load out and backload listing to meet the demand of onshore or offshore operations. Including engineering workarounds.
- Manage the execution and resolution of all open quality notifications towards FMC equipment, tools and open engineering change notes (ECN)
- Evaluate repair notifications for FMC tools and equipment e.g. Subsea Control Module, Work over Completion System, Manifold and Pipeline System, and instruct on further repair actions
- Define relevant scope of work, task lists, procedures, schematics and drawing for FMC equipment and tools in conjunction with the preventive maintenance activities
- Participate in planning of upcoming work execution
- Execute and manage repair and modification work of FMC tools and equipment
- Be single point of contact between FMC engineering product group, and any FMC sub- contractors, Workshops, Engineering, Projects, Product responsible and Customer’s technical representative for technical/ engineering matters and coordinate their involvement.
- Follow up of progress and status on ongoing work in FMC and subcontractors Workshops
- Define service/maintenance scope of work according to FMC Maintenance Management System (MMS) requirements.
- Provide technical assistance in solving issues in liaison with Engineering, Workshops and Purchasing department.
- Follow up activities in the workshop to ensure that all maintenance history is logged appropriately in SAP.
- Participate in preparation of Variation Order Requests (variations to the CONTRACT)
- Participate in regular status meetings with managers, supervisors
- Manage and Coordinate and participate in resolving problems listed in FMC Quality Notifications and FNCRs
- Be updated on project milestones related to completion of workshop activities and special needs
- Be updated on Industry and Customer requirements related to Maintenance
- Ensure that all work is performed in compliance with Contracts, FMC internal and Customer requirements
- Participate in defining Maintenance strategies for FMC tools and equipment
- Manage technical meetings, in-house and with Customers including engineering quality reporting, i.e. QN, SN, FNCR
- Assist Field Service Manager when required
- Manage the execution of all Route Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) that is attributed to onshore or offshore hardware / tooling failure and execute a timely resolution & reporting to not impact ongoing onshore / offshore activities.
- Manage the execution and documentation of all lessons learnt pertaining to hardware or tooling failure pertaining to the FMC scope of work.
- Participate in kick off meetings performed by relevant project
- Participate in project status meetings
- Provide a detailed handover of all work scopes prior that fall under the roles responsibility during their time in-country.
Mandatory SW Applications to be Managed:
- SAP Roles:
- Offshore Reporting System (ORS)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Project and Powerpoint
Recommended Experience and Formal Qualifications:
- Engineering Degree Qualified (minimum BEng or equivalent).
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as Project Engineer.
- Detailed knowledge of Subsea Control Module, Work over Completion System, Manifold and Pipeline System equipment
- Strong understanding of Offshore Operations
- Have in depth knowledge of SAP FMC Equipment structures.
- Ability to work independently to conduct detailed Engineering analyses, and provides recommendations and solutions.
- Ability to write technical reports and provide presentations.
- Good communication skills – Fluent in verbal and written English, PC literate
Interested candidates are requested to send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with indicating ” Service and Maintenance engineer” in subject line.