Position: Yard Maintenance Manager
- Directs installation, maintenance, servicing, and repair of all equipment, buildings, and grounds necessary for continuity of manufacturing operations and safety of plant personnel. Staff includes engineers, other support personnel, and contractors.
- Prepares designs and specifications and estimates costs for internal or contracted renovations, modifications, expansions or installation of plant facilities and utilities.
- Establishes preventive maintenance and service programs, procedures, and record systems in order to audit the performance of services.
- Develops and maintains a program for efficient production and use of power, water, and gas, and provides instructions and procedures to ensure the program’s continued usefulness.
- Provides engineering and cost advice about plant facilities related to the short- and long-term needs of the business.
- Assures compliance with national, regional, and local insurance ordinances, regulations, and codes
- Reviews required maintenance activities to determine work priorities.
- Schedules repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment to ensure continuous production operations.
- Coordinates activities of workers fabricating or modifying machines, tools or equipment to manufacture new products or improve existing products.
- Directs maintenance activities on utility systems to provide continuous supply of heat, steam, electric power, gas or air required for operations.
- Develops preventive maintenance program in conjunction with engineering and maintenance staff.
- Reviews production, quality control, and maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify maintenance activities.
- Inspects operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards.
- Plans, develops, and implements new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and effect greater utilization of labor and materials.
- Reviews new product plans and discusses equipment needs and modifications with design engineers.
- Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies required for maintenance operations.
- Confers with management, engineering, and quality control personnel to resolve maintenance problems and recommend measures to improve operations and conditions of machines and equipment.
- May prepare department budget and monitor expenditure of funds in budget.
- Selects, organizes, trains, and motivates labor force to ensure consistent attainment of schedules at optimum productivity and cost levels.
- 10 years’ experience managing heavy plant, Electrical distribution systems and large construction workshops
- Excellent organizational skills and capable of managing a specialist maintenance team of Electrical engineers, Mechanical specialists responsible for the day to day running of large construction plant
- Excellent communication skills with strong leadership qualities.
- High school Diploma and HNC or equivalent in electrical or mechanical engineering.
- Good understanding of local legislation relevant to equipment operations and certification.
Please send your CV to email@example.com by indicating the position title (Yard Maintenance Manager) in the subject line of your email.