Position: Piping Field Engineer
- Ensure compliance with Project technical integrity, quality, and HSSE standards.
- Mange all interfaces with Client, Engineering, Procurement, special subcontractor and Construction group.
- Coordinate all site support Activities and track the Management of change process
- Ensure detailed weekly and monthly reporting on all piping activities are issued in a timely manner.
- Ensure that project specifications are fully reviewed and communicated to the quality and construction groups.
- Manage efficient operation of the Site Technical Query system and provision of correct interpretation of design to Contractor. Review queries in country and the proposed solutions as appropriate. Coordinate timely responses within Company’s engineering team and responses to Contractor
- Participate in working with the Contractor during the constructability & readiness phase with review and acceptance of recommendations and construction principles to be applied in the field
- Manage coordination responsibilities of direct reports for field engineering, construction &procurement.
- The position requires previous experience on piping process involved in a typical topsides project. Experience with various materials including Stainless steel, Super duplex, Kunifer, Inconel and low alloy Carbon steels is desirable.
- Ensure provision of necessary support to the Construction Managers to achieve Project objectives.
- Actively promote Quality Policy & Objectives and ensure compliance
- Demonstrate HSE participation by actively engaging the company site team and the construction
- Contractor with actions that contribute to delivering on HSE expectations
- Ensure adequate review and endorsement of Contractor’s Plans, procedures and method statements and adherence to the requirements of associated Inspection & Test Plans
- Attend weekly construction progress meetings with the PMT team & Pipeline Contractor
- Participate in audits of Contractor’s activities and monitor effective resolution of any non- conformances
- Management of interfacing with Contractor
engineering technical & contractual issues
Organising surveillance of the Contractor’s activities
- Review responses to Site Technical Queries and ensure resolution with Contractor.
- Hold and chair Site Engineering meetings and ensure compliance with engineering requirements
- Oversee the decision process relating to the disposition of deviations and concessions to
- HND , HNC or equivalent qualification in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering & piping experience.
- Minimum of 5 years experience on process piping, hydro testing system completions and pre commissioning.
- Ability to provide technical support & assurance of applicable piping process installation standards
- Ability to perform effectively in a team environment, inclusive of demonstrating collaborative, cooperative, flexible, adaptable, respectful, and tactful personal characteristics
- Familiarity with International Standards which form the basis for project specifications
- Confident and energetic approach to addressing all technical issues
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by indicating the position title (Piping Engineer) in the subject line of your email.