Senior Project Engineer
Work Location: Base Office (30 km away from the city centre)
Position Schedule: 1 year (renewable)
Education: University degree in Mechanical, Naval, Civil, Structural Engineering
- previous experience on Project Engineer, Vessel Operations Engineer, Offshore Methods Engineer positions within oil and gas Offshore Engineering and Construction industry;
- 3-5 years of international experience as Senior Engineer on medium-to large-scale and complex offshore projects, in particular – jacket installation, umbilical cable lay, heavy lifts.
- Knowledge of Discipline engineering design criteria, methods and workflows from conceptual phase up to site engineering phase. Capability to define the technical documents set based on Project quantities and scope of work. Capability to perform and coordinate Project engineering documents production activities and to check and review design documents, prepared either internally or by Vendors;
- Knowledge of main international Discipline standards, codes and regulations. Capability to analyze dedicated Project requirements in terms of local standards and codes and to identify proper implementation actions;
- Capability to lead and interpret the naval and structural analysis related to the installation of pipelines and offshore platforms;
- Knowledge of most general principles of fabrication and installation techniques related to the Naval / Equipment / Vessel activities such as Transportation & Installation and special equipment for laying activities. General knowledge of marine work relevant for Naval / Equipment / Vessel studies and operations;
- Capability to install offshore pipelines and subsea items (pipelines, flexibles, umbilical, risers) including specific ancillaries in agreement and liaising with drafting department, lead methods and vessel operations;
- Capability to perform structure (jacket, modules, manifolds, templates, small items) installation/construction and design all installation Aids, in agreement and liaising with drafting department, lead method and vessel operation. Interpretation of installation engineering results relevant to the activity;
- Capability to define and identify all the aspects concerning subsea installation (manifold, template, small structure, umbilical).
Languages: Azerbaijani (fluent); English (fluent)
- Be responsible for technical integrity and compliance with estimated costs and deadlines throughout the various engineering phases of the project;
- Perform directly engineering tasks to guarantee the quality of the product for methods requirements;
- Draw up a general engineering schedule as stipulated by the contract to be revised by the Project;
- Identify technical problems and make the necessary technical decisions within the limitations imposed by contractual requirements;
- Draw up definitions and detailed specifications of tasks and sub-tasks or supervise their drafting by other resources if requested;
- Define the materials or services to be purchased for engineering tasks within the allocated resource budget, in conjunction with his direct responsible;
- Approve all the technical design necessary for the purchase and/or construction of products to be supplied to the Client;
- Participate to meetings to examine and, if necessary, audit the technical design, and take part in technical examinations with the Client. Cost and scheduling decisions which influence contractual obligations or other functions must be approved by the Project Engineer (if any) and communicated to the Engineering Manager and Project Manager;
- Notify his direct responsible and the Project Manager of any problems occurring with any other engineering areas;
- Perform all the engineering verifications and calculations necessary for the methodology to be implemented.
Applications to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating position title in the subject line.