Work Position: Structural Engineer
Reports to: Engineering Manager
- Control / Supervision technical aspects of the different Projects;
- Knowledge / application of Procedures, Specifications and Project standards by all the members of each Project;
- Assessment/Critique of Geotechnical Studies and consequences that derive from it;
- Calculation of direct and pile foundations (structures / equipment)
- Calculation of foundations of equipment subjected to dynamic actions;
- Calculation of foundations and structures (steel / concrete), trays and pipe support;
- Calculation of buried facilities (rafts, pits, manholes, buried pipes, ditches, etc.);
- Approval of steel structure workshop plans;
- Approval of steel structure connections;
- Software management (STAADPRO, FOUNDATION 3D, 3D MAT, SAP, etc.);
- Compliance with schedules according to the project program;
- Control of budgets of Engineering Hours and the derivatives of the Work Units, calculated and designed in the Department, always taking as reference the values that served as a basis during the offer phase;
- Involvement in project improvements: cost reduction (Engineering/Construction), recovery of progress or activation of Subcontractors;
- Coordinate activities to subcontract or subcontracted;
- Verification of absence of interferences at departmental level and between departments;
- Review and check drawings of the discipline;
- Comment vendor documents;
- Inform the Discipline Leader of detected changes, about activities carried out or in progress;
- Monitoring of the correct use and adaptation to work of different tools (NCD, PPA, NVAT, Documentum, Lessons Learned);
- Application of the procedures of Quality Control;
- Participate in the development of the Lessons Learned;
- Request adequate resources for the design of the activities that have previously been subject to the relevant calculations.
- Undergraduate bachelor degree in engineering, construction or a related discipline;
- 5+ years of experience with a large scale commercial contractor or equivalent industry experience;
- Must demonstrate leadership skills, and be able to motivate any assigned personnel;
- Written and verbal communication skills in Azerbaijani/ English;
- Ability to work under pressure to fixed timelines and on own initiative;
- The experience and ability to perform and handle all duties in Job Description.
Eligible candidates send your CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org 19.10.2020 with subject line: Structural Engineer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to the further stages of the recruitment process.