Job Title: Technical Professional-Baroid, Prin.
Reports To: Operations Leader
Under broad direction, responsible for the development and implementation of the drilling fluids, completion fluids and / or Surface Solutions system recommendations, work process procedures and wellbore management practices used in providing a complete wellbore management solution to the client. Provides primarily remote supervision of the Field
Service Representatives and Service Supervsiors assigned to his projects, and the direct supervision of Technical Professionals. Oversees the post-well audit process and is responsible for delivering to the client all information relevant to management of the wellbore construction process. Ensures top quality service delivery from Technical Professionals, Field Service Representatives and Service Supervisors. Job role has budgetary type of accountabilities or directly impacts a revenue center’s viability or its quality of service via personal contributions. Job role contributes directly to value creation. Skills are typically acquired through a High School diploma or equivalent, undergraduate degree preferred and 2 years of experience in the Senior Technical Professional role which includes experience in all the requirements for that role and management experience.
· Focus on ensuring superior service delivery by understanding and meeting the Client’s needs.
· Applies Halliburton HMS and HSE plans on a daily basis.
· Create a drilling fluids, completion fluids or solid scontrol / waste management program, including DFG hydraulics analysis and any other software and any necessary laboratory work, and to discuss the program with the Client to ensure Client buy-in
· Communicate the expectations / requirements unique to the job to field personnel, including FSRs, Service Supervisors and Stockpoints.
· Visit rig site as required for preparation of work, to conduct training, and to provide on-location guidance to FSRs and Service Supervisors.
· Maintain regular communication with the Client, focussing on his opinions and any changes in the scope of work.
· Foster/improve Client relations as warranted through discussion, graphic presentation, and interpersonnel skills
· Ensure that the appropriate personnel understand the operations and are conscious of any potential risks involved.
· Ensure all necessary equipment is available and fully operational, and to verify the material inventory.
· Work closely with the appropriate Sales Represesntatives to insure an up-to-date understanding of operations.
· Communicate regularly with the FSRs and Service Supervisors to ensure superior service delivery
· Ensure that field tickets and reports are filled out correctly and accurately and are delivered on time. · Ensure that a Post Well Audit is delivered to the Client in a timely manner
· Ensure the documentation of activities, and disseminating this information to the appropriate personnnel through Technical Forums, Lessons Learned, Performance Benchmarking, KPIs, and Solutions Profiles.
· Work with other PSLs as appropriate to foster improved service delivery by all PSLs and to identify future opportunities.
· Closely monitor Business Development activity in assigned Client accounts
· Work closely in training new Technical Professionals.
· Mentor new Technical Professionals, FSRs and Service Supervisors with the goal of improving their service and technical performance, and to plan their Career Path
Scope of Job:
· Job role has budgetary type of accountabilities or directly impacts a revenue center’s viability or its quality of service via personal contributions. Job role contributes directly to value creation.
Education, Licensure, and Experience:
· Completion of an undergraduate degree preferred
· Minimum of 2 years of experience in the Senior Technical Professional role which includes experience in all the requirements for that role and management experience
Qualified to perform all duties expected of a Senior Technical Professional, including the management of other Technical Professionals, FSRs and Service Supervisors
Role Specific Knowledge:
Knowledge of the duties of the Senior Technical Professional; Demonstrates superior ability to guide the wellbore construction process concerning drilling fluids, completion fluids and / or solids control and waste waste management and directly affected areas, and in particular the communication of plans, progress and results to internal customers and Client
Autonomy of Job:
· Under broad direction: supervision received is usually centered around job results or methodologies used such as problem solving approaches, establishing broad parameters for projects, work organization, progress reports, etc.
There may be occasional “General” or even “Direct” supervision.
Supervisory Responsibility of Job:
· Supervises others either directly or through subordinate supervisors. Coordinates diverse activities within a functional area. Plans work and administers policies.
Number and Level of Employees Supervised:
Technical Level 7-29
Professional Level 7-29
· Working conditions infrequently involve some physical exertion, exposure to the elements or hazards inherent in the job which may include routine travel.
Career Path: (Linear path within job family)
· First level title above this job is Operations Leader
· Second level title above this job is Business Segment Manager
· First level title below this job is Technical Professional-Baroid, Sr.
· Second level title below this job is Technical Professional-Baroid
Principal Wellbore Management Technical Advisor, Principal Wellbore Management Technical Representative, Principal Fluids Systems Advisor, Principal Drilling Waste Management Advisor
Physical Demand Statement:
· Work is primarily light; exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Eligible candidates send your CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org subject line: Technical Professional-Baroid, Prin