Company: BOS Shelf
Position: Lead Piping Draughtsman
Overview: Supervise and lead a team of draughtsmen in the preparation piping engineering deliverables such as fabrication isometrics, MTO’s and sketches in line with project demands.
- Supervise, manage and mentor a team of draughtsmen in the preparation and co-ordination of piping engineering deliverables such as Fabrication Isometrics, MTO’s and sketches in accordance with project and company quality procedures.
- Ensure team are familiar with project and company quality procedures / project requirements.
- Ensure that the required technical quality of work is maintained.
- Monitor and maintain a document register of all piping engineering deliverables.
- Identify and distribute work packages within the team.
- Assist in the preparation, checking and updating of Bulk MTO’s and Purchasing Requisitions.
- Prepare and coordinate the raising and processing of Site Engineering Queries.
- Attending project coordination meetings.
- Monitor and report piping draughting progress in line with the project schedule.
- Ensure that the scope of the original budget is carried out, and that no additional work is processed without approval from Drawing Office Manager.
- Participate in both internal and external Quality Audits.
- Assist in the guidance and training of junior staff.
- Assist the Drawing Office manager in staff appraisals.
- Familiar with the company health and safety policies.
- National Degree in Piping / Process Engineering,
- Good English communication skills (Written & spoken),
- Minimum of 10 years Piping fabrication draughting experience (including at least 5 years in a checking role) within the Petrochemical or Oil & Gas Industry. In addition to this, has been employed in Fabrication Yard for a minimum of 3 years.
- Previous experience in leading a team is preferable.
- Good understanding of fabrication / construction techniques.
- Knowledge of international codes and standards such as API, BS, GOST and EEMUA,
- Advanced knowledge of 2D/3D draughting packages such as PDMS & AutoCAD.
- Experienced at participating in Quality Audits.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by indicating the position title (Lead Piping Draughtsman) in the subject line of your email.