logo

Armenia Fired on Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan Oil Pipeline

Views: 103

The Armenian Armed Forces fired on a section of the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan pipeline, the General Prosecutor’s Office of Azerbaijan reports.

“On October 6 at 21:00 Baku time, the Armenian Armed Forces fired on a section of the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan pipeline in the Yevlakh region. As a result of the decisive measures of the Azerbaijani army, the terrorist attempt was suppressed,” the message says.

The BTC pipeline transports oil from the Azeri-Chirag-Gunashli block of fields and condensate from the Shah Deniz field. Also, Turkmen oil, Kazakh and Russian oil is pumped through the BTC (the shipper is a private company LUKoil).

The length of the BTC oil pipeline is 1,768 km, of which in Azerbaijan – 443 km, Georgia – 249 km, Turkey – 1,076 km. The pipeline’s throughput capacity exceeds 50 million tons of oil per year.* The project participants are: BP (30.1%); SOCAR (25%); MOL (8.9%); Equinor (8.71%); TPAO (6.53%); ENI (5%); Itochu (3.4%); Exxon Mobil (2.5%); INPEX (2.5%), Total (5%), and ONGC (2.36%).

0

Your Cart