Work Location: Base Office (30 km away from the city centre)
Position Schedule: 1 year (renewable)
Education: Master’s degree in Mechanical, Structural Engineering
- 10-15 years of work experience in Operations Manager, Technical Manager, Project Manager positions in oil and gas Offshore Engineering and Construction industry;
- Minimum 5 years of international experience as Project Manager on medium-to large-scale and complex offshore projects.
Skills and Competences:
- Knowledge of applicable standards linked to the project planning processes. Capability to ensure planning, scheduling, development, execution, monitoring, controlling and implementation set-up for Progress Measurement System in accordance with the project complexity;
- Strong knowledge of project management techniques;
- Capability to plan and optimise the resources deployment (people, materials and infrastructure required to carry out project activities) in line with the project time schedule ensuring continuous monitoring and control;
- Capability to define project scope in order to meet the needs and expectations of the interested parties (especially clients and users);
- Knowledge of general processes, tools and techniques of risk management, including the relevant International Standards;
- Knowledge of methodologies, equipment and key issues related to Fabrication, Construction, Installation and Commissioning activities;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills;
- Strong managerial skills.
Languages: Azerbaijani (fluent); English (fluent)
- Assist the Project Manager in planning, coordinating and controlling the execution of the project in accordance with Client requirements and objectives, within time and cost constrain and in observance of HSE and Quality procedures and practices;
- Support the Project Manager in coordinating specific technical and management topics (i.e. project internal and external interface management, contractual document issue and review, project activities planning, data analysis and reporting preparation, subcontractor and supplier management, Project Record Books preparation, Spare Parts management, certifications collection, supplier payments, etc.);
During the Bidding Phase, as requested by the Project Manager:
- Analyse tender and contractual documents in order to review scope of work and schedule and to identify project requirements and constraints;
- Support in the preparation of the Project Execution Plan and the project Organization Charts;
- Prepare bid cost estimate of project management, construction and services, including staff, manpower, construction equipment/consumables and subcontracts;
- Assist the commercial team in the selection of the reference sub-contract quotation to be included in the bid cost estimate;
During the Project Execution Phase, as requested by the Project Manager:
- Assist the Project Manager during project activity planning, e.g. in the preparation of the Project Execution Plan (PEP) and other project procedures and plans;
- Assist in the definition of the resource allocation and in the assessment of the man-hours required in order to prepare/update the Project Mobilization Plan (PMP);
- Coordinate specific topics, related, but not only, to project management, engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning;
- Prepare the Project External Interfaces Management Procedure and identify, categorize and manage the Project External Interfaces;
- Prepare the Project Risk Management Plan, manage the risk assessment and risk response activities issuing and quarterly updating the Project Risk Register;
- Prepare the Project Spare Parts Procedure and supervise and coordinate the procurement and management process for the Project Two Years Spare Parts;
- Prepare the Project Record Books (PRB) Procedure, define the indexes of the PRB, collect the relevant documentation (i.e. Design and Drawing Books, Plant Operating Manuals, Vendor Data Books, Manufacturing Data Books, Plant Inspection Books, Field QA/QC Dossier, Completion Record Books) and delivery the assembled PRB to the Client;
- Prepare the Vendor Assistance on Site Procedure, manage the Project Vendor Assistance on site, from the notification of Vendor intervention until the completion of the Vendor services, monitoring costs, reviewing the schedule of the interventions, reporting periodically the status and criticalities of the activities;
- Prepare the Project Guarantee Claims Management Procedure with Vendors and during the guarantee period ensure the fulfilment of the guarantee requirements by Vendor. Prepare the Project Guarantee Claims Management Procedure with Client and during the guarantee period manage the process of notification, reparation and closure of the guarantee issues raised by Client;
- Prepare the Project Back Charge Procedure and support in managing the back charges work process;
- Assist in managing change orders and claims and support dispute resolution activities. Support the continuous monitoring of specific critical supplies contributing in the achievement of expected milestones and the resolution of technical and contractual topics.
- Prepare the Coordination and Communication Procedure, set up the relevant tool and assist in managing Client relationships;
- Support in purchase requisitions, technical evaluations, purchase order and work orders and related work progress within own field of competence;
- Assist in coordinating the invoicing activities;
- Assist in coordinating the close-out of the project and ensure the preparation of the Project Close-out Report.
Applications to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating position title in the subject line.