Work Location: Base Office (30 km away from the city centre)
Position Schedule: 1 year (renewable)
Education: Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Economic Sciences, Finance, Internal Audit and Cost Control
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Cost Control in oil and gas Offshore Engineering, Procurement and Construction industry;
- Minimum 5 years of international experience as Cost Control Coordinator/Engineer on medium- to large-scale and complex projects.
- Capability to ensure economic control of complex multicompany activities/projects at a consolidated level. Adequate knowledge of techniques for measuring performance, economic data, progress costs and risks. Capability to analyze and control activity/project revenues and costs and to monitor progress and value of work done;
- Thorough knowledge of the business, ensuring full compliance and application of Corporate Guidelines and Standards, pursuing company main goals. Capability to understand a commercial contract in all its parts and to extrapolate all data necessary to better understand the project;
- Capability to establish and effectively manage a cost control system in order to support the process of preparing the invoicing back-up needs. Capability to define and set-up the invoicing procedure and mechanism. Capability to ensure that the invoicing system works effectively, and that the status is soundly assessed and reported;
- Capability to estimate the Final Project revenues of a project using forecasting tools, verification of approved and pending Variation orders, verification of current/expected offshore vessels utilization; all in strict coordination with planning and Contract administration teams.
Languages: Azerbaijani (fluent); English (fluent)
- Establish and manage a cost control system in order to support the Project Management decision-making process and allow him to complete the project within the approved budget;
- Ensure any deviation from budget is promptly spotted and analyzed, final impact is estimated, and the effect of corrective actions taken is monitored;
- Create a cost awareness atmosphere among project team;
- Satisfy the Operating Company and Corporate requirements for the cost control reporting, cooperating with the proper interfaces;
- After contract award, ensure the implementation of the Cost Control System, elaborating the consolidated Cost Breakdown Structure according to the relevant procedure, reviewing the procurement/accounting system adopted in each Operating Companies/Branches involved into the project, and verifying the application of the CBS and the cost traceability;
- Issue the Project Cost Control Procedure, Cost Coding Manual and Risk Management Plan, for the Project Control Manager verification, according to standards and contract specification and configure the Cost Breakdown Structure to monitor procurement and accounting activities;
- If not provided during the commercial phase, split the Commercial Budget according to the intercompany scheme, contract and work schedule, in order to report revenues/costs by entity, currencies, and main cost accounts and prepare the cash-flow by currency;
- Coordinate the risk management activities startup organizing the first brainstorming and the qualitative /quantitative assessment of the identified risks and opportunities;
- Support the Project during the contract changes/claims process providing the cost impact analysis, and keep updated the cost/revenues forecast relevant to intercompany services;
- Analyze committed costs and activities to-date, review the estimate to complete, isolating any deviation from baselines or adverse trend and warn the PM on time to take corrective actions in order to prevent overruns;
- Maintain the risk management process organizing periodic meetings and verifying the risk owners’ feedback;
- Issue the project and company reporting.
Applications to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating position title in the subject line.