Job Title: Country/Area – PSL Operations Manager
Reports To: Country/Area – Manager
Under broad direction, leads operations for a country/area’s Product Service Line (PSL) for the purpose of ensuring the delivery of quality customer service, world-class safety, and PSL growth that maximizes shareholder value. Develops annual business plan and ongoing forecasts of business performance for the country/area. Responsible for profit/loss/ROI and corrective actions. Develops and maintains customer contacts for the purpose of assessing local needs and service quality. Serves as a liaison for Halliburton Energy Services Business Development. Collaborates with Halliburton Energy Services Business Development and Technology managers to develop and implement local product and service pricing strategies and technology initiatives. Responsible for development of future business leaders and succession planning within applicable PSL. Job role directly affects the profitability and reputation of the organization. Skills are typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in a related Engineering discipline (discipline may vary by PSL) and a minimum 8 years of progressive experience in the energy services industry including experience managing the work and activities of others. Job level may be responsible for more than a single PSL or multiple smaller PSLs within a country/area.
• Responsible for profit/loss/ROI and corrective actions
• Develops annual business plan and ongoing forecasts of business performance for the country/area
• Develops and maintains customer contacts for the purpose of assessing local needs and service quality
• Serves as a liaison for Halliburton Energy Services Business Development
• Collaborates with Halliburton Energy Services Business Development and Technology managers to develop and implement local product and services, pricing strategies, and technology initiatives
• Communicates related business information within applicable PSL(s)
• Maintains assigned PSL(s) financial forecast via continuous monitoring of relevant business events and conditions
• Manages and plans budgetary concerns for applicable PSL(s)
• Utilizes human and business capital in a manner that maximizes efficiency and shareholder value
• Implements and conducts workforce planning (people needs, retention, and attrition)
• Analyzes PSL service delivery processes for the purpose of finding and eliminating weaknesses
• Ensures adherance to operating standards, procedures, business codes, and controls for applicable PSL(s)
• Responsible for development of future business leaders and succession planning within applicable PSL
Substantial Discretionary Authority:
For this purpose, persons with “substantial discretionary authority” include (i) High Level Personnel, (ii) individuals who exercise substantial supervisory authority, such as a plant manager or a sales manager, and (iii) any other individuals who, although not a part of the Company’s management, nevertheless exercise substantial discretion when acting within the scope of their authority (for example, an individual with authority to negotiate or set price levels or an individual authorized to negotiate or approve significant contracts).
Does this job have substantial discretionary authority as outlined in the Code of Business Conduct? – No
Education, Licensure, and Experience:
Completion of an undergraduate degree in related Engineering discipline (discipline may vary by PSL). Minimum of 8 years of experience in the energy services industry which includes management experience Role
• Knowledge of Product Service Line services, products, and applications
• Knowledge of applicable local laws and guidelines pursuant to Halliburton Energy Services operations
• Effective personal computer skills as required in the composition of electronic mail messages, other written correspondence, and the creation of electronic spreadsheets
• Effective and appropriate interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
• Ability to supervise staff within a functional area requiring organization and direction of work/activities of subordinates who typically have multiple and diverse tasks
• Ability to effectively exercise independent judgement in planning the sequence of operations and making decisions in a complex technical or professional field
• Ability to integrate the analysis of data to discover facts or develop knowledge, concepts or interpretations
Autonomy of Job:
Under broad direction: supervision received is usually centered around job results or methodologies used such as problem solving approaches, establishing broad parameters for projects, work organization, progress reports, etc. There may be occasional “General” or even “Direct” supervision.
Supervisory Responsibility of Job:
Supervises others either directly or through subordinate supervisors. Coordinates diverse activities within a functional area. Plans work and administers policies.
Number and Level of Employees Supervised:
Office/Clerical Level: 2-6
Technical Level: 30-259
Professional Level: 30-259
Working conditions infrequently involve some physical exertion, exposure to the elements or hazards inherent in the job which may include routine travel.
• First level title above this job is Country/Area – Operations Manager, Senior
• Second level title above this job is Area/Region Vice President
• First level title below this job is Country/Area – PSL Service Mgr
• Second level title below this job is Service Coordinator
Account Leader / Principle BD Account Rep.
Job may require a valid passport for travel outside of origin country.
Physical Demand Statement:
Work is primarily sedentary; exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Eligible candidates send your CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org subject line: Country/Area – PSL Operations Manager