Company: Star Gulf FZCO/BOS Shelf LLC
Position: Drawing Office Section Lead
Main Purpose of Role:
Supervise and lead a team of draughtsmen in the preparation structural engineering deliverables such as Fabrication Drawings, MTO’s and sketches in line with project demands
- Supervise, manage and mentor a team of draughtsmen in the preparation and co-ordination of structural engineering deliverables such as Fabrication Drawings, MTO’s and sketches in accordance with project and company quality procedures (ensuring fabrication deliverables are in line with the company manufacturing capacities).
- Ensure team are familiar with project and company quality procedures / project requirements.
- Ensure that the required technical quality of work is maintained.
- Monitor and maintain a document register of all structural engineering deliverables.
- Identify and distribute work packages within the team.
- Assist in the preparation, checking and updating of Bulk MTO’s and Purchasing Requisitions.
- Prepare and coordinate the raising and processing of Site Engineering Queries.
- Attending project coordination meetings.
- Monitor and report engineering progress in line with the project schedule.
- Ensure that the scope of the original budget is carried out, and that no additional work is processed without approval.
- Participate in both internal and external Quality Audits.
- Assist in the guidance and training of junior staff.
- Assist the Drawing Office manager in staff appraisals.
- Familiar with the company health and safety policies.
- National Degree in Civil / Structural Engineering,
- Good English communication skills (Written & spoken),
- Minimum of 10 years structural draughting experience (including at least 5 years in a checking role) within the Steel Construction or Oil & Gas Industry. In addition has been employed in Fabrication Yard for minimum of 3 years.
- Previous experience in leading a team is preferable.
- Good understanding of fabrication / construction techniques.
- Knowledge of international codes and standards such as API, BS, GOST and EEMUA,
- Advanced knowledge of 2D/3D draughting packages such as Tekla Structures & AutoCAD.
- Experienced in participating in Quality Audits.
Please send your CV to email@example.com by indicating the position title (Drawing Office Section Lead) in the subject line of your email.