Company: BOS Shelf LLC/Star Gulf FZCO
Position: Structural Engineer
- Perform technical tasks assigned by the Project Structural Lead, related with design, verification or study activities. Interface with other Project Specialists and Designers. Co-ordinate technical activities performed inside or outside the Company.
- Reviews Client technical documentation and requirements.
- Defines structural design premises.
- Contributes to the writing of the Project Structural Design Brief (roadmap of all the structural design and analyses work on the project).
- Liaises with other Project Specialists and Designers whenever required for a proper completion of the work assigned.
- Designs structural systems and components, pursuing objectives of sound engineering and design optimisation in term of costs, fabrication simplicity, constructability and safety.
- Carries out/Check/Supervise structural analyses.
- Supervises/Approves steel structures design or fabrication drawings.
- Supervises setting up of bill of quantities or material take off (MTO).
- Prepares technical documentation for steel structure material requisition and assists the procurement department in the technical evaluations.
- Prepares, when required, specifications for structural fabrications and all related items such as bearing systems, bolts, cladding, grating, etc.
- Verifies structural strength or dynamic behaviour of items designed by others (piping support
- Specialists, Vendors, technical building Suppliers, etc.)
- Applies during the work assigned the Quality Control Procedure of the Offshore Structural Department
- Implements field engineering activities
Education: Higher education
Years of Working Experience: 5 years’ experience in steel structure design engineering
Knowledge of Languages: English (fluent), Azerbaijani (fluent)
Other Skills/Certificates Required: Knowledge of standard engineering software such as STAAD.PRO;SACS or equivalent fluency in standard software for PC such as MS Office
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by indicating the position title (Structural Engineer) in the subject line of your email.