Position: Vessels, Maintenance & Upgrade (VEMU) Manager
Work Location: Base Office (30 km away from the city centre)
Position Schedule: 1 year (renewable)
Education: University degree in Electrical, Electronics Engineering
- Overall 10-15 years of experience with Vessel Electrical maintenance and upgrading, Power, Automation and Dynamic Position systems within oil and gas Offshore Engineering and Construction industry;
- 5-10 years of international experience as a Vessels Maintenance, Upgrade Manager / Lead on medium-to large-scale and complex offshore projects.
Skills and Competences:
- Capability to lead maintenance department or project using planning and scheduling best practices to drive work execution, using motivational and time-management techniques to improve maintenance worker productivity. Build and sustain a maintenance program. Capability to implement work management strategies that improve asset availability and utilization. Ability to estimate Cost Time Resources for any maintenance activity and to manage an effective maintenance budget;
- Knowledge of main technologies and components related to automation. Knowledge of control systems such as DCS, ESD, fire and gas, MMS, BMS. Knowledge of Automation Systems installation
Sequences. Knowledge of methodologies for testing automation systems (power up, SAT, I-sat, I-O check, functional check) and troubleshooting techniques. Ability to execute/supervise the installation an testing of automation control systems;
- Knowledge of electrical and electronic systems. Capability to carry out inspections and maintenance and analyse breakdowns.
- Capability to define and select hydraulic maintenance activities concepts and guidelines. Capability to develop maintenance plans and schedules and to perform troubleshooting analysis on running equipment;
- Knowledge of the DP Vessel (Dynamic Position Equipment) operating techniques and capability to monitor DP Alarms. Knowledge of FMEA (failure modes and effects analysis). Knowledge of dynamic positioning philosophy, lay out and device components, Conventional vessel philosophy and devices component;
- Capability to perform Root Cause Analysis in case of accident/incident events in order to support the investigation team. Knowledge and capability to perform troubleshooting with a systematic approach to problem solving to find correct issues in complex machines, instruments, electronics, computers and software system;
- Knowledge of main features for technical documents;
- Knowledge and experience in commissioning and start-up activities. Experience in Test-run procedures and operations;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills;
- Strong managerial skills.
Languages: Azerbaijani (fluent); English (fluent)
- Concerning Power, Automation and Dynamic Position system, ensure specialised technical support for development and maintenance of offshore fleet vessels and equipment;
With regard to Power and Automation systems under own responsibility:
- Support on Operations, Commercial and all Assets departments to identify technical needs for vessels/equipment Power and automation upgrades or new builds;
- Develop feasibility study and conceptual design for Vessel Power and automation upgrade/new build in order to implement and verify the Dynamic Positioning and related automation system;
- Provide technical support related to fleet development, modification and improvement including technical follow up and management during design and construction phase;
- Provide technical support to the Pipelay/Flex equipment and QJ/DJ prefabrication plant related to electrical supply and control system, ensuring the follow-up of scope of work and commissioning aspect;
- Provide guideline on the standardization of hardware and software, including the safety related aspect, for control systems design;
- Define execution plan to develop new capabilities and innovative solution for new builds or equipment;
- Optimize competencies and workload of technical office;
- Ensure know-how presidium and preserve technical experiences and lessons learned after project completion;
- Provide technical assistance in yards for upgrades or extraordinary maintenance execution.
Applications to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating position title in the subject line.