Position: Dimensional Control Surveyor
Prime Responsibilities and Duties:
- Understand and comply with BOS Shelf QHSE system an policies;
- Strictly follow instructions from his/her line supervisor;
- Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports, and legal descriptions of surveys in order to describe, certify, and assume liability for work performed;
- Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites;
- Direct or conduct surveys in order to establish legal boundaries for properties, based on legal deeds and titles;
- Record the results of surveys, including the shape, contour, location, elevation, and dimensions of steelwork land or land features;
- Calculate heights, depths, relative positions of steelwork, property lines, and other characteristics of terrain;
- Prepare or supervise preparation of all data, charts, plots, maps, records, and documents related to surveys;
- Plan and conduct ground surveys designed to establish baselines, elevations, and other geodetic measurements;
- Coordinate findings with the work of engineering and architectural personnel, clients, and others concerned with projects;
- Adjust surveying instruments in order to maintain their accuracy;
- Establish fixed points for use in making maps, using geodetic and engineering instruments;
- Determine longitudes and latitudes of important features and boundaries in survey areas, using theodolites, transits, levels, and satellite-based global positioning systems (GPS);
- Train assistants and helpers, and direct their work in such activities as performing surveys or drafting maps and reports;
- Analyze survey objectives and specifications in order to prepare survey proposals or to direct others in survey proposal preparation;
- Compute geodetic measurements and interpret survey data in order to determine positions, shapes, and elevations of steelwork geomorphic and topographic features;
- Locate and mark sites selected for geophysical prospecting activities, such as efforts to locate petroleum or other mineral products;
- Survey bodies of water in order to determine navigable channels and to secure data for construction of breakwaters, piers, and other marine structures.
- Relevant survey experience in either Oil & Gas, Construction or Building industries.
- Effective knowledge and ability to use Total Stations, Optical Levels and other survey equipment.
- Appropriate degree, technical qualification or extended experience in a similar position.
- Able to read and understand Technical drawings.
- Experienced in AutoCad, MS Office and survey software use.
- Ability to produce reports and sketches in a timely manner to clearly convey survey results.
- Display an ability to work on initiative, in a proactive manner with minimum supervision.
- Possess communication skills to efficiently liaise with DC Seniors, Construction & Quality personnel where necessary.
Please send your CV to email@example.com by indicating the position title (Dimensional Control Surveyor) in the subject line of your email.