POSITION TITLE: Marine Lead
The Marine Team lead is to lead and manage the project marine team in delivering marine expertise and support to the project. They shall ensure vessels are properly assessed, maintained and suitable for the proposed works and marine operations are planned and executed in accordance with project standards. They shall ensure contractors and operators have in place management systems to ensure vessels are maintained and operated in a safe, efficient and complaint manner.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· To develop procedures, processes and systems to ensure conformance with OMS requirements related to Marine Operations
· To Develop and own project Marine Assurance Plan and Construction Marine Assurance plans
· To recruit and develop and manage the marine team organisation.
· To provide and manage resources for vessel planning requirements in coordination with:
· Delivery teams
· Vessel operators
· To Manage Assurance processes covering:
- To Review Marine procedures for the work scopes and ensure contractor provides correctly engineered procedures for the required marine operations in accordance with project marine standards
- To participate in Risk workshops and activities.
· To Co-ordinate with project MWS and Marine Consultants
· To assign and manage CLIENT Marine Representatives for offshore operations
· To Perform regular vessel visits to monitor standards
· To monitor and manage vessel operator and contractor performance and compliance.
· To Liaise with AGT MA, AGT and GPO Marine community
Academic /experience requirements:
- Class 1 Master Mariner or Class 1 Engineer certificate
- At least 5 years’ experience of marine operations in offshore industry
- Extensive knowledge of towing and anchor handling operations.
- 2 Years’ experience as Marine Warranty surveyor or similar role
Preferred additional requirements
- DP operator certified
- OVID registered surveyor
- Demonstrates personal responsibility for the safety and well-being of everyone around them and leads by example.
- Develops the safety and risk management skills of the project marine team and contractors.
- Follows the requirements specified in OMS, and contribute to the delivery of safe, compliant and reliable marine operations.
- Adheres to the Code of Conduct and to local laws and regulations.
- Pursues systematic management through standardisation, clarification and the elimination of defects.
- Follows and upholds the rules and standards of CLIENT and holds others to account for doing the same thing.
- Plans carefully, make well-informed decisions and do the right thing.
- Fosters learning, the sharing of knowledge and continuous improvement.
- Speaks out when seeing something is not right and is prepared to say “no” or “stop” when necessary.
- Recognizes and acknowledges the contribution of others.
- Develops trust from others by delivering on accountabilities
- Computer literate.
- Good communicator (written and oral) in English
- Tactful and persuasive
- A Team Player
CV submission closing date is 22 May 2020
CV to be submitted to email@example.com