POSITION TITLE: Electrical Engineer
- Electrical Engineer is responsible for ensuring the upgrade of the piplelay barge ‘Israfil Huseynov’ is performed safely, on time and to the standard to allow the offshore pipelay execution of the Shah Deniz 2 project.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure contractor provides correctly engineered solutions for the required upgrades to the pipelay barge
- Liase with Company Pipelay Installation Manager to ensure upgrades are suitable to the offshore execution requirements
- Monitor Contractor’s activities during Scope of Work generation and CTR development
- Participate in overall bid evaluation process for contract award
- Monitor contractor performance and ensure all contractual requirements are complied with
- Perform effective interface between Company contracted equipment suppliers and Contractor
- Report regularly to senior management on the progress of works and any issues
- Ensures that all relevant requirements are complied with in terms of CLIENT procedures and practices, Classification Society and State Marine Administration requirements
- Ensure all project risks are identified, plans developed and executed for their removal or reduction
- Evaluate performance of contractor and sub-contractors. Provide constructive feedback and intervention as required
- Integrate with contractor vessel upgrades management team to ensure transparency with respect to safety, progress, schedule, quality and cost
- Provides guidance, advice and training to project team, contractors, and third parties as required to ensure understanding of the vessel upgrade objectives.
- Continuous interrogation of schedule to ensure opportunities to maintain schedule are realised
- Assist contractor in re-scheduling activities or scope in order to maintain project schedule
- Review the contractor’s engineering deliverables to ensure compliance with project requirements
- Monitor timesheets of Contractor Engineering team to ensure no overspend and an effective output
- Liase directly with Company Safety, Quality, Cost, planning and management team to provide feedback in respective areas of interest
- Assist Contractor with Technical Queries related to upgrade works
- Be focal point between CLIENT procurement department and installation contractor on electrical matters
Academic /experience requirements:
- At least 8 years successful track record of upgrades on vessel electrical systems including FEED and detailed design, installation and commissioning of marine power plants, mission equipment (drilling and pipelay), propulsion and DP control systems
- Capable of performing relevant calculations for equipment specification and systems design (Power generation, distribution, management, control protection schemes and space management)
- Knowledge of current Class requirements and international electrical standards
- Experience of managing large cross discipline projects and leading teams of specialist engineers / vendors
- Able to perform FMEA, HAZOP and HAZID studies
- Knowledge of CLIENT internal processes, project controls and standards
- Demonstrates personal responsibility for the safety and well-being of everyone around them.
- Develops the safety and risk management skills of the vessel upgrades team.
- Follows the requirements specified in OMS, and contribute to the delivery of safe, compliant and reliable operations.
- Adheres to the Code of Conduct and to local laws and regulations.
- Pursues systematic management through standardisation, clarification and the elimination of defects.
- Follows and upholds the rules and standards of CLIENT and holds others to account for doing the same thing.
- Plans carefully, make well-informed decisions and do the right thing.
- Fosters learning, the sharing of knowledge and continuous improvement.
- Speaks out when seeing something is not right and is prepared to say “no” or “stop” when necessary.
- Recognizes and acknowledges the contribution of others.
- Develops trust from others by delivering on accountabilities
- Familiar with site construction activities related to health, safety, and environmental issues.
- Computer literate.
- Good communicator (written and oral).
- Tactful and persuasive
- A Team Player
CV submission closing date is 22 May 2020
CV to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org