POSITION TITLE: Construction Team Lead
The Construction Team Lead is responsible for base management and assistance with integration across the SD2 M&SS execution scope which requires interfaces across the teams and external parties. The Construction Team Lead will own and manage the Marine Base Works as well as all Survey Works for the Project.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the safe, efficient, and effective execution of project scopes and communication of project goals and expectations.
- Build and lead a high performance team to facilitate successful delivery of the offshore execution
- Provide direction, motivation and leadership to both internal staff and external contractors
- Responsible for ensuring the installation contractor delivers a competent organisation and a high standard of resources to successfully execute the work
- Responsible for managing contractor project execution performance and scope delivery
- Manage the plan and facilities for in-country mobilisation
- Maintain awareness and promote conformance to GPO expectations and requirements of Safe Design and Quality Build within the construction team and the contractors.
- Promote, demonstrate and ensure compliance with all appropriate elements of the GPO, Operating Management System (OMS), including Risk Management and Management of Change
- Maintain close contact with the CLIENT Construction Management network to ensure relevant lessons and practices are evaluated for applicability to SD2 and implemented as appropriate
- Assist with the management of the integration of the SD2 M&SS execution scope including pipelay, diving, T&I and subsea fabrication
- Co-ordinate team integration and team alignment across the delivery groups
- Assist to manage the offshore integrated schedule and find synergies across delivery groups
- Develop and manage a support vessel strategy to ensure successful execution of the M&SS scope
- Manage the survey services including the survey vessel operation and personnel
- Provide support to the M&SS PMs in the execution of the vessel upgrades
- Manage the upgrades to the Marine Base and assure it will meet all the SD2 needs
- Manage the Marine Base and facilities including craneage, quayside and personnel
- Manage the receipt, movement, preservation, storage, and preparation of project equipment for load-out
- Manage subsea tooling and project equipment inventory
- Manage all the Marine Base activity including testing, SIT operations and vendor personnel
- Own the Marine Base schedule
- Assist with the management of Marine Base costs and the budget
- Provide support to the delivery PMs for vessel mobilisation
- Manages the interfaces between the subsea fabrication and the offshore execution teams
- Ensure CLIENT construction and site management processes are in place
- Assist the M&SS CM in the execution of the SD2 M&SS delivery
- Works closely with the execution Team Leads / Construction Managers to resolve conflicts in the overall interest of the SD2 project delivery
ACADEMIC / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Technical High-school degree
- A minimum of 10years experience of site management and offshore construction experience through the international industry leader contractors
- Proven capability of building and leading successful teams
- Experience with site management activities related to health, safety, and environmental issues.
SKILL REQUIREMENTS & KEY BEHAVIOURS
- Exhibits understanding of CLIENT construction practices and the latest international standards that assure integrity of build and construction quality
- Proactively demonstrates sophisticated decision-making and leadership skills needed to address complex stakeholder groups and issues associated with Major Projects
- A high level of proven communication, interpersonal and people management skills
- Financial and commercial awareness.
- Computer literate
- Demonstrates personal commitment to achieving the highest standards of HSE and responsibility for the safety and well-being of everyone around them.
- Proven capability to develop team safety and risk management skills
- Follows the requirements specified in OMS, and contribute to the delivery of safe, compliant and reliable operations.
- Adheres to the Code of Conduct and to local laws and regulations.
- Pursues systematic management through standardization, clarification and the elimination of defects.
- Follows and upholds the rules and standards of CLIENT and holds others to account for doing the same thing.
- Plans carefully, make well-informed decisions and does the right thing.
- Fosters learning, the sharing of knowledge and continuous improvement
- Speaks out when seeing something is not right and is prepared to so “no” or “stop” when necessary
- An outstanding team player
- Recognizes and acknowledges the contribution of others.
- Develops trust from others by delivering on accountabilities
- Tactful and persuasive
CV submission closing date is 22 May 2020
CV to be submitted to email@example.com