POSITION TITLE: Construction Engineer – DSV
Maintain the key processes to allow systematic management of the work including construction vessel & barge management and support.
Provide support and feed back to the Pipeline, Diving, and Commissioning installation engineering activities.
RESPONSIBILITIES & OBJECTIVES
• Responsible for safe, efficient, and effective execution of project scope, in line with project goals and expectations, promote strong HSE performance by CLIENT and Contractor teams and uphold the CLIENT Code of Conduct.
• Promote conformance to GPO expectations and requirements of Safe Design and Quality Build within the CLIENT and Contractor teams.
• Promote, demonstrate and drive compliance with all appropriate elements of the GPO, Operating Management System (OMS).
• Locally facilitate CLIENT project controls processes, including Risk Management, Continuous Improvement, and Management of Change,
• Track and manage technical risks, drive integrity and reliability through CLIENT processes, Ensure installation and execution risks are identified and visible in PMCS
• Responsible for ensuring lessons learned are captured and shared with the GPO, Ensuring that relevant CLIENT lessons are shared with the installation contractor
• Lead by providing direction, and support to the project engineering team and promote an effective and collaborative working environment with a ’One Team’ approach. Deputise for others as required.
• Maintain effective coaching and mentoring to staff and team where required.
• To execute the oversight activities identified in the CLIENT HSE plan
Management of Subsea Installation Scope
• CLIENT site team lead at Contractor facilities, acting as primary interface with Contractor execution leads/manager to drive resolution of project engineering and execution issues, maintain progress milestones, and address performance/quality issues.
• Co-ordination of installation assurance prior to campaign execution.
• Accountable for timely approval of queries and approval of contractor documents in-country. Managing and tracking scope progress including assessment of Contractor variations, invoices and deliverables.
• Attend subject matter weekly and monthly performance reviews with Installation Contractor.
• Support CLIENT integration across scopes with the various teams internal and external to GPO.
ACADEMIC / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Engineering degree (MSc. Civil Engineering, Mechanical or Marine) or other suitable academic qualification and extensive experience.
• Chartered Engineer or Professional Engineer accreditation
• 8+ years of Installation engineering experience within major installation projects (preferred) of subsea installation, testing & operations processes and application elements.
• Extensive knowledge of industry construction lifting best practices.
• Extensive knowledge of vessel operation and construction.
• Extensive knowledge of ROV system & tooling operations and intervention
• Valid OPITO BOSIET and offshore medical
• Valid IMO STCW basic safety training certificate:
o Personal Survival Techniques (STCW Code — Table A-VI/1-1);
o Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (STCW Code — Table A-VI/1-2);
o Elementary First Aid (STCW Code — Table A-VI/1-3);
o Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities (STCW Code – Table AVI/1-4).
SKILL REQUIREMENTS & KEY BEHAVIOURS
• Exhibits understanding of CLIENT’s MPcP engineering and construction practices and the latest international standards that assure integrity of installation & execution quality.
• Proactively demonstrates sophisticated decision-making and leadership skills needed to address complex stakeholder groups and issues associated with Major Projects.
• RCFA trained, including 5-WHY’s.
• Ability to intervene in critical situations in order to redirect focus and achieve the required result.
• A high level of proven communication, interpersonal and people management skills.
• Financial and commercial awareness
• Self-motivated and proactive.
• Computer literate
Safety & Quality
• Demonstrates personal commitment to achieving the highest standards of HSE and responsibility for the safety and well-being of everyone around them.
• Play a role in the promotion of an excellent HSE culture and demonstrate CLIENT’s commitment to achieving and maintaining the highest possible standards of HSE.
• Proven capability to develop team safety and risk management skills.
• Follows the requirements specified in OMS, and contribute to the delivery of safe, compliant and reliable operations.
• Understanding and implementation of industry QA/QC practices. Respect
• Adheres to the Code of Conduct and to local laws and regulations.
• Pursues systematic management through standardisation, clarification and the elimination of defects.
• Follows and upholds the rules and standards of CLIENT and holds others to account for doing the same thing.
• Plans carefully, make well-informed decisions and do the right thing.
• Fosters learning, the sharing of knowledge and continuous improvement. Courage
• Speaks out when seeing something is not right and is prepared to say “no” or “stop” when necessary. One Team
• An outstanding team player.
• Recognizes and acknowledges the contribution of others.
• Develops trust from others by delivering on accountabilities.
• Tactful and persuasive
CV submission closing date is 22 May 2020
CV to be submitted to email@example.com