ESSENTIAL SKILLS / COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Substantial experience in the Oil & Gas industry and/or Petrochemical Industry.
- Proven leadership experience and has the ability to work without supervision.
- Experience in piping stress analysis using CAESAR II and pipe support selection.
- Experience with; API 610, API 661, API 617, WRC 107/297 CAESAR II nozzle local load calculations.
- Knowledge of AIV and FIV calculations and assessments.
- Has experience with valve design codes; API 6D, API 594, API 598, API 600, API 607, API 608, API 609.
- Has basic experience in pressure vessel design and the implications of attached and supported piping.
- Experience with ASME B31.3 and the latest design codes and standards.
- Has an understanding of ASME B31.8 pipeline design and the interfaces with aboveground piping.
- Experience with writing pipe specifications and the associated pipe wall thickness and branch reinforcement thickness calculations including optimum material selection.
- Experienced in writing scopes of work to allow design packages to be tendered for construction.
- Has experience in developing pipe support standards including the necessary calculations.
- Can extract all the relevant; fabrication, testing, coating, insulation, NDT and process data from company engineering specifications and include on the line list.
- Experience in writing pipe fittings, bulk pipe, SP items and valve material requisitions.
- Has experience in carrying out technical bid analysis with further vendor clarifications reports.
- Knowledgeable in plant and rack piping layouts and interpreting quantitative risk assessments (QRA).
- Experience in understanding of common oil and gas processing techniques.
- Ability to work in a team environment and coordinate piping designer and pipe stress engineers activities.
- Has worked in a multicultural work share environment.
- Field piping experience in live refinery and or gas plants including, construction, testing, cleaning and pre commissioning and punch checking compliance.
- Experience in discipline specific databases and efficient use of word processing and spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Office Word and Excel and as well-developed report writing skills.
- Computer skills in relevant packages including databases, spreadsheets and word processing packages.
- Experience as the responsible engineer checking and approving construction isomeric drawings.
- Well developed report writing and public speaking skills.
- Resolve complex engineering issues and problems and provide cost effective solutions.
- Ability to determine the advantages and disadvantages and relative costs of alternative design concepts and establish preferred concepts. Demonstrating continual improvement in the execution of work.
- Understanding of design deliverables required for Conceptual, FEED and Detailed Design, establishing appropriate level of detail and checking required for each phase.
- Competently review and comment on vendor data for a wide range of equipment and packages and, demonstrate the ability to plan and implement design activities to allow timely availability of and incorporation of vendor information into the design.
- Competently prepare proposals and reports, schedule and plan work effectively and, consistently complete work within budgeted hours.
- Proactive approach in managing design activities to reduce overall project costs and durations.
- Initiate and participate in short-range and/or long-range planning.
- Promote cost reduction and productivity enhancing initiatives.
- Can mentor young engineers who would like to learn engineering calculations and methodologies.
- Understands how the business delivers value to shareholders, what drives profitability and what increases growth.
- Able to make difficult decisions and lead and manage others in changing business conditions.
- People management skills such as leadership, team, interpersonal, coaching, mentoring and supervisory skills. Must be able to build, motivate, develop and manage an effective team.
- Management skills including the ability to plan, set goals; and manage time, priorities, resources, accountabilities, schedules and cost.
- Understands Worley Vision and purpose, translates it into team goals and objectives, and gains team commitment to achieving those goals and objectives.
- Effectively manages and resolves conflict between individuals and/or groups.
- Negotiates successful outcomes that achieve the required objectives and have the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Extensive technical and practical experience in pipeline design and operation.
- Approximately 15 years, with a minimum of 3 years experience in both a senior engineering position in the hydrocarbons sectors and 8+ years in an engineering role.
- Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- A recognised degree in the relevant discipline or equivalent.
- Postgraduate qualifications in the relevant discipline; management or supervisory qualifications or equivalent experience, desirable with piping.
- Able to have registration as a chartered engineer.
- Demonstrate the behaviour and business practices outlined in Worley Vision, codes, policies, procedures and standards (Processes). Implement these Processes, ensure personnel have access to them, regularly undertake reviews to assess compliance, and refer serious breaches to the relevant person or committee.
- Comply and keep up-to-date with the behaviour and business practices outlined in Worley Processes, and with all applicable laws, regulations and standards.
- Select personnel who share Worley values, beliefs and a commitment to the HSE Vision, and who demonstrate the expected behaviour, competencies and performance associated with their role or task.
- Encourage a team based work environment that leverages the expertise and knowledge of the team and nurtures a climate of care and trust.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by indicating the position title (Principal Piping Engineer) in the subject line of your email.