ESSENTIAL SKILLS / COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Substantial experience in the Oil & Gas industry and/or Petrochemical Industry.
- Proven leadership experience and has the ability to work without supervision.
- Design and fabrication experience with ASME VIII Div.1 and Div. 2 pressure vessel, column and heat exchanger and has preferably used PV Elite and Nozzle pro software.
- Design fabrication and construction experience with API 650, API 653 fixed and floating roof large storage tanks including limit state analysis of roof structures. Experience in checking fabrication drawings
- Familiar with API 579 fitness for purpose calculation of static equipment and piping.
- Has good understanding in specifying, sizing and the procurement and installation of the following gas compressors; API 617 Centrifugal, API 618 Reciprocating, and API 619 Screw compressors.
- Experience with sizing, specify the following gas compressor mechanical drives and ancillaries; API 616 Gas turbines, HV and LV motors, API 613 speed reducing gearboxes and API 614 dry gas seal systems.
- Experience with sizing, specify, procurement and installation of API 610 liquid pumps and the associated API 682 mechanical seals systems
- Demonstrate understanding of static and rotating equipment design and operation.
- Experience in writing and reviewing material requisitions for static and rotating equipment, piping bulk materials and valves.
- Has experience in carrying out conceptual design and multi criteria analysis of competing mechanical packages and rotating equipment
- Has experience in carrying out technical bid analysis of mechanical equipment, piping and valves with further vendor clarifications reports.
- Understand asset management principles and machinery condition monitoring systems
- Have experience in discipline specific databases and be able to make efficient use of word processing and spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Office Word and Excel,
- Knowledge of AIV and FIV calculations and assessments.
- Experience with static finite element analysis (FEA) software for designs not covered by code rules.
- Working knowledge of AIV and FIV calculations and assessments.
- Experienced in writing scopes of work to allow design packages to be tendered for construction.
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision
- Has worked in a multicultural work share environment.
- Demostrate well-developed report writing skills.
- Computer skills in relevant packages including databases, spreadsheets and word processing packages.
- Extensive technical and practical experience in static and rotating equipment design and operation.
- Experience in writing material requisitions for mechanical equipment and packages.
- Has experience in carrying out technical bid analysis of mechanical equipment, piping and valves with further vendor document reviews.
- 10 to 12 years, with a minimum of 3 years experience in both a senior engineering position in the hydrocarbons sectors and 8+ years in an engineering role.
Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- A recognised degree in the relevant discipline or equivalent.
- Postgraduate qualifications in the relevant discipline; management or supervisory qualifications or equivalent experience, desirable with mechanical equipment.
- Able to have registration as a chartered engineer.
- Demonstrate behaviour and business practices commensurate with a culture of world’s best health, safety and environmental performance.
- Assist in developing, communicating, implementing and regularly review systems, strategies, standards and processes (including environmental plans or health management programs) that:
i. Minimise the potential impact of work activities or work sites managed by Worley on the environment;
ii. Manage the impact of work activities or work sites managed by Worley on the environment;
iii. Manage recovery from environmental incident;
iv. Promote safe, healthy and environmentally friendly workplaces and behaviour, including workplaces not managed by Worley and behaviour when not at work;
v. Manage workplace illness and injury.
- Acquire and maintain sufficient knowledge and awareness of the workplace environment to identify and manage work hazards and incidents.
- Demonstrate the behaviour and business practices outlined in Worley Vision, codes, policies, procedures and standards (Processes). Implement these Processes, ensure personnel have access to them, regularly undertake reviews to assess compliance, and refer serious breaches to the relevant person or committee.
- Comply and keep up-to-date with the behaviour and business practices outlined in Worley Processes, and with all applicable laws, regulations and standards.
- Select personnel who share Worley values, beliefs and a commitment to the OneWay Vision, and who demonstrate the expected behaviour, competencies and performance associated with their role or task.
- Encourage a team based work environment that leverages the expertise and knowledge of the team and nurtures a climate of care and trust.
Please send your CV to email@example.com by indicating the position title (Principal Mechanical Engineer) in the subject line of your email.