ESSENTIAL SKILLS / COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience in the Oil & Gas industry and/or Petrochemical Industry.
- Basic knowledge of ASME B31.3 above ground piping design.
- Familiar with piping stress analysis using CAESAR II.
- Has good understanding of AIV and FIV calculations and assessments.
- Has knowledge of valve design codes; API 6D, API 594, API 598, API 600, API 607, API 608, API 609.
- Familiar with piping and equipment layout.
- Has design and fabrication experience with ASME VIII Div.1 and Div. 2 pressure vessel, column and heat exchanger and has preferably used PV Elite and Nozzle pro software.
- Familiar with design fabrication and construction of API 650, API 653 fixed and floating roof large storage tanks.
- Has experience with sizing, specify, procurement and installation of API 610 liquid pumps and the associated API 682 mechanical seals systems
- Demonstrate understanding of static and rotating equipment design and operation.
- Has experience in writing material requisitions for mechanical equipment, piping and valves.
- Has experience in carrying out technical bid analysis of mechanical equipment, piping and valves with further vendor clarifications reports.
- Be able to work in a team environment and coordinate mechanical and piping design activities.
- Understand asset management principles and machinery condition monitoring systems
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision
- Have experience in discipline specific databases and be able to make efficient use of word processing and spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Office Word and Excel,
- Demostrate well-developed report writing skills.
- Pro-active, goal oriented with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent customer focus and able to consistently meet Worley and its client’s needs.
- Effectively manages change to work tasks and the work environment, and assists others with adapting to change.
- A person of integrity who is trusted by others and consistently honours their commitments.
- Able to identify issues, problems and opportunities; make timely decisions; develop appropriate and innovative solutions; and ask for assistance if required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to convey information and ideas to individuals and groups, and make presentations when required.
- Demonstrates initiative and a willingness to learn and continuously improve on performance.
- Able to work on multiple projects of various size and complexity simultaneously.
- Able to work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams, and share and transfer knowledge within teams.
Quality Assurance and Company Safety (HSE) Policy:
- Demonstrate confidence in using the Project Execution Plan (PEP) as a source of data and information.
to be developed, if candidate has no previous experience with Worley:
- Develop familiarity with the requirements of the WP Quality Assurance system (QMP-0003-COR-EN), as it applies to process calculations, datasheets and drawings during, Define, Execute/Detailed Design, construction, commissioning and start up phases of a project.
- Develop familiarity with the WP Safety Policy (CHM-0114-COR-EN) and its application in the office environment. Actively address deviations from this policy where observed, taking support from senior department personnel when required.
- Demonstrate familiarity with the WP Safety in Design Discipline Manual –Mechanical (EPP-0250-COR-EN)
Practical Site Experience:
- Show a willingness and enthusiasm to visit client hydrocarbon processing facilities, to enable visual identification of line sizes, flange pressure ratings and types of fittings e.g. types of valves, primary elements and general instrumentation, plus mechanical equipment such as various types of pumps, heat exchangers, etc. Demonstrate confidence and independence in matching P&IDs, piping general arrangement drawings and isometrics to installed equipment, and in identifying deviations / errors.
- Approximately 7 to 10 years, with a minimum of 4 years’ experience in an engineering position in the hydrocarbons sector.
Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- A Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent preferably recognized by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, UK
- Postgraduate qualifications in the relevant discipline; management or supervisory qualifications or equivalent experience, desirable with piping, static and rotating machinery.
- Desirable to have registration as a chartered engineer with the Institution of Engineers.
Please send your CV to email@example.com by indicating the position title (Senior Mechanical/ Piping Engineer) in the subject line of your email.