Key Accountabilities of Position:
- Provide Global Support to the office for the Global Design Engineering Systems software being used for the Baku projects
- Coordinate system development, to understand the system sufficiently to manage and ensure project delivery requirements.
- Develop and maintain project problem register, resolution workflows and that User defined system issues are addressed and communicated accordingly.
- Responsible for ensuring that there is a policy and process for granting access to the system and a process for periodic review of the access.
- Ensure best practices of project execution are incorporated into the standard build.
- Responsible for systems specifications including reporting.
- Oversee the training development for project staff that will be updating or using the design system.
- Coordinate with iM Services with regards to available and suitable infrastructure, workshare execution, Database Management, system performance and system automation opportunities requiring programming.
Essential Skills / Competencies Required:
- Preparation of Project Design procedures relating to 2D and 3D Design Engineering Systems
- Coordination with IT department to set up Design Engineering System Software and related Applications.
- Coordinate all enhancements and operational problems associated with the Design Engineering System and log any unresolved issues to set up a file and update it.
- Setup the Design Engineering Project and establish databases for all disciplines.
- Setup all required key plans with area break downs.
- Setup new UDA (user defined attributes) required for any project specific requirements
- Setup and maintain all project REVIEW models
- Assist in conducting model reviews with Lead Engineers, Project Manager/Project Engineer
- Set up ISO draft/Draft macro and backing sheets
- Setup stress isometrics for CAESAR input.
- Coordinate Catalogue and Specification database as per project requirements.
- Extract reports – MTO, Surface area, Weight and centre of gravity calculations, Dia, etc…
- Ensure that Project specific macros are created for all repetitive tasks such as generation of plot files, Isometrics, report templates etc.
- Train Engineers and Designers on EDS basics and review tools.
- Develop and conduct training in each discipline to ensure their ability to maintain / develop their own discipline catalogues & specifications.
- As the Hub Manager (EDS Specialist) shall be responsible for the following activities:
- Conversion of a standalone project to Global,
- Creation of locations,
- Preparation of Global satellite files,
- Setup daemons at the HUB and scheduling them based on Update events,
- Allocation of databases to the locations,
- Making a database primary at a location and changing it whenever necessary,
- Creation and maintenance of Data access control (DAC’s),
- Create teams, databases,
- Creation of management of Update events,
- Synchronise location on need basis,
- Manage Global HUB licenses,
- Trouble shooting,
- Changing HUB location as required.
- As the Satellite Manager, shall be responsible for the following activities:
- Global project setup with the satellite files supplied by HUB,
- Initialise the location,
- Create MDB,
- Setup and schedule daemons at the Satellite based on the agreed Update events schedule,
- Establish VPN and make sure at least one daemon is running continuously throughout the project,
- Manage Global Satellite licenses ensuring continuous availability to service all requirements,
- Trouble shooting as required.
- Resolve complex, ambiguous or special cases not adequately covered by design guides.
- Ability to determine the advantages and disadvantages and relative costs of alternative EDS work methods and establish preferred concepts. Demonstrating continual improvement in the execution of work.
- Understanding of design deliverables required for Conceptual, FEED and Detailed Design, establishing appropriate level of detail and checking required for each phase.
- Incorporate vendor data for a wide range of equipment and packages into EDS as required for the design.
- Competently prepare reports, schedule and plan work effectively and, consistently assist designers to complete work within budgeted hours.
- Proactive approach in managing design activities to reduce overall project costs and durations.
- Initiate and participate in short-range and/or long-range planning and make independent decisions on policies and procedures within the overall program.
- Promote cost reduction and productivity enhancing initiatives.
- Can mentor younger designers who would like to learn Engineering & Design functions.
- Pro-active, goal oriented with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent customer focus and able to consistently meet Worley and its client’s needs.
- Effectively manages change to work tasks and the work environment and assists others with adapting to change.
- A person of integrity who is trusted by others and consistently honours their commitments.
- Able to identify issues, problems and opportunities; make timely decisions; develop appropriate and innovative solutions; and ask for assistance if required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to convey information and ideas to individuals and groups, and make presentations when required.
- Demonstrates initiative and a willingness to learn and continuously improve on performance.
- Able to work on multiple projects of various size and complexity.
- Able to work effectively in small to large multi-disciplinary teams and share and transfer knowledge within teams.
- Extensive technical and practical experience in Engineering design.
- 10+ years’ experience in Engineering design, using CAD Systems and Software
- 10+ years’ experience in Engineering Design Systems.
- Approximately 15 years’ experience in Engineering design utilising 2D and 3D CAD Systems and Software Specifically with extensive knowledge of the AVEVA PDMS / E3D software, Autodesk Software and Bentley Software.
- Approximately 5 years’ experience with utilisation of LFM Data interface
Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- A recognised diploma in the relevant engineering discipline or equivalent.
- Experience in 3D modelling of Process Piping Systems
- Qualifications in the relevant discipline with qualifications or equivalent experience, desirable with PDMS / E3D.
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to:
i. personal well-being;
ii. healthy and safe workplaces and activities; and
iii. continuously improve Worley health, safety and environmental performance.
- Deliver quality services and demonstrate a commitment to understand and meet customer needs.
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to achieving the OneWay Vision and its associated requirements.
- Travel as required, including travel related to projects and to maintain links with other Worley offices.
- Act in the best interests of Worley at all times.
- Perform any other duties that are reasonably required from time to time.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by indicating the position title (Engineering Design Systems (EDS) Specialist) in the subject line of your email.