- Ensure all Project / Company HSEQ goals are achieved and where possible exceeded.
- Ensure all Construction personnel are aware of and implement safe working practices / procedures and are provided with a safe working environment.
- Manage, support and develop Construction
- Effective liaison with any Client / Vendor / Sub-contractor representative.
- Deliver a high standard Construction capability at both Project and Corporate levels, ensuring a consistent and efficient approach is implemented at all times.
- Implement a continuous improvement philosophy across all Construction activities, delivering best practices at all times.
- Maintain and deliver Construction activities within budget, and where applicable implement cost saving initiatives.
- Ensure a safe and effective Permit to Work system is in place and maintained for all Construction
- Supervise and support day-to-day Construction activities / personnel in the safe and structured delivery of workscopes and processes, ensuring all applicable Site / Project safety procedures are fully and properly implemented.
- Demonstrate high profile and visible safety leadership by example and communication with teams.
- Actively participate in all Company and Project safety initiatives.
- Constantly strive to obtain maximum productivity and economical use of labour and equipment in order to keep costs within budget.
- Study, assess and verify all Construction drawings, specifications and instructions and escalate any issues identified.
- Assist in the development, issue and updating of all applicable Construction strategies, procedures / working practices and system / sub-system boundary P&ID’s required for the delivery of the Construction process – ensure compliance with all Project standards, specifications and procedures.
- Ensure that all work is to the required standard and that all drawings, specifications, inspections and certifications are strictly adhered to as well as all Company systems of quality assurance.
- Liaise with the Project Engineering office to ensure P&ID’s and other drawings are produced in line with Construction requirements.
- Co-ordinate the mobilisation and de-mobilisation of Construction resources to meet schedule requirements. This will include the necessary tooling and temporary requirements which are to be managed and controlled in a cost-effective manner.
- Oversee the preparation of Jobcards for Construction activities and ensure these are approved and input into the Project schedule.
- Ensure, before any work commences, that all items of material, equipment, scaffolding etc required are available to avoid abortive and unproductive use of labour.
- Liaise with Project personnel to identify and deliver early Construction / Project gains.
- Approve all system / sub-system mechanical completion Construction sign-off certificates / milestones.
- Provide Construction input into Project design during the Project design phase.
- Develop Construction logic diagrams and input to the Project Schedules.
- Monitor and report Construction progress on a regular basis – daily, weekly, monthly, and escalate any issues / concerns.
- Manage / review all change control associated with the Construction process.
- Audit Site / Project activities on a regular basis to ensure all compliance with Project safety, environmental and quality requirements.
- Interface with Project Management and Client representatives on all matters applicable to Construction, providing accurate reporting on status including identification of issues or concerns which may impact Project delivery.
- Liaise with Client representatives to ensure, where applicable / required, Construction data / services are supplied.
- Liaise with Completions / Commissioning teams in the development of Project handover strategy and sequence.
- Attend Permit to Work meetings and approve work permits.
- Maintain primary contact and a good working relationship with Vendors / Sub-Contractors Management and site representatives. Be fully familiar with their methods of construction, scheduling and procedures to resolve any apparent conflicts and ensure they are fully aware of their obligations and responsibilities.
- Ensure, before any variation work is carried out by a Vendor / Sub-Contractor that an authorised instruction has been provided.
- Authorise or refute all Vendor / Sub-Contractor claims for delays, waiting time or abortive work.
Required qualifications / certification:
- Minimum HNC in an Engineering related subject or Trade Apprenticeship with appropriate Technical Qualification.
- Recognised Site discipline background.
- Fully conversant with Project Management Systems with extensive knowledge of Project Construction practices and procedures.
- IT Literate with experience in management databases.
- BOSIET / Approved Offshore Medical / CA EBS / MIST / Onshore Safety Passport
- Degree educated in an Engineering related subject.
- APM Level D qualification, or above.
- Management NVQ level 4 / 5.
- Conversant with Project tender / estimating process.
- Accident / Incident Investigation training.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by indicating the position title (Construction Lead) in the subject line of your email.