- Ensure the construction contractors’ activities comply with all aspects of Health, Safety, Environment and Security (HSES) policy, site regulations, permit to work procedures and Client requirements.
- Assure that the Field Construction Staff is monitoring the execution of work in accordance to the quality standard requested by Project Execution Plan and Site Quality Control (Job Spec.).
- Verify that prescribed standard of quality control is maintained, including, but not limited to, the following a) with Field Project Engineer & Supervisors: the availability at site and the issue to Subcontractors staff of last revision of “approved for construction” drawings, job specifications, purchase orders and material requisitions, b) with Welding Inspector: the issue and updating of Subcontractors Welding Book, the qualification and approval of welding procedures, the validity of welders’ test certificates, the maintenance of welding records as per procedure.
- Analyze trends in works execution recording by sampling QC formats and notifies the Construction Manager & Field/Area Supervisors corrective measures.
- Assure that all Quality Control procedures and other field procedures included in Construction Quality Control Plan are kept updated to Client and to Subcontractors.
- Coordinate the T/O activities for the definition of the format, the content and filing of the “hand over dossiers”.
- Ensure that the tests, controls and inspections are carried out and documented in accordance with the Site Quality Control Plan Ensure that QC certificates as per latest and approved Site Quality Control Plan are received from field supervisors and filed in the proper “Hand Over dossier”.
- Assure that Construction staff is fully aware of and familiar with the requirements of the above procedures.
- Periodically audit the above with field/area supervisors assuring that rectification of any errors, flaws or failures are being carried out and that results are notified, recorded and distributed Managing and systematically recording the nonconformity reports issued on site, checking that the relative solutions are in compliance with the acceptability criteria and that the time schedule is consistent with site requirements.
- Ensure the Subcontractor’s measuring tools have been calibrated by an approved agency
- Attend site meetings on quality control matters and distributes notes of meeting.
- Ensure that all QC activities (type and extension) are executed in due time according to relevant Site quality Control (Job Spec.) and applicable codes and specifications.
- Identify possible Non-Conformities according to the Quality Assurance System Procedure both for System and on Contract.
- Suggest the Corrective Action according to the Quality Assurance System Procedure both for System and on Contract.
- Keep a set of up to date copies of all the drawings relevant to works supervised and maintain in separate file all superseded copies, clearly identified as “SUPERSEDED”.
- Collect and file all the relevant QC Forms, according to the Turnover Procedure.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Good English Language knowledge.
Eligible candidates send your CV in English to
firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: QC Lead. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to the further stages of the recruitment process.