The PMC HSSE Manager reports directly to the PMC Project Director or his nominated deputy. He is responsible for managing the PMC HSSE team during the EPC/EPCM Implementation Phase of the Project. His primary responsibility is to ensure that the Project HSSE requirements are addressed throughout the lifecycle of the Project. The PMC HSSE Manager’s role includes:
- Ensuring HSSE goals, objectives and targets are met through personal leadership and involvement
- Championing the ‘Safety Shield behaviours and engagement activities
- Preparing the HSSE execution plan
- Supporting disseminating the HAOR Modernisation and Reconstruction Project vision to the PMT
- Supporting the development of a Project culture that enables a high performing team
- Supporting the change management process across the Project
- Supporting the risk management process across the Project
- Supporting the Interface and stakeholder management processes across the Project
- Ensuring that effective HSSE management systems and processes are implemented
- Establishing and cost-effectively resourcing the PMT HSSE team
- Providing overall management of the HSSE function within the PMT
- Maintaining an HSSE Issues register and tracking of each issue to closure
- Ensuring that all facilities are designed, procured, constructed and commissioned to enable healthy, safe, secure and operationally sound performance throughout their operational life
- Keeping abreast of the latest HSSE issues including lessons learnt, industry initiatives and regulatory requirements
- Providing HSSE technical expertise support to Project management and PMC functions
- Monitoring and appraising the activities of the EPC/EPCM Contractors through all phases of the Project
- Reviewing, commenting and approval of EPC/EPCM Contractor safety deliverables for the HAOR Modernisation and Reconstruction Project
- Keeping up to date with and adhering to Employer and HAOR’s HSSE initiatives
- Managing travel hazards / risks
- Conducting/managing workplace inspections
- Planning/managing weekly toolbox talks
- Managing Project emergency response planning
- Managing incident response and investigation
- Implementing an HSSE audit and inspection programme in support of improving PMT and EPC/EPCM Contractors’ systems and processes
Knowledge of and ability to use management concepts and principles including goal setting, planning and execution.
Possess strong knowledge of OHSAS18001 and IS014001 standards.
Strong knowledge of relevant HSE principles.
Ability to adhere to Company policies, procedures, guidelines and work requirements.
Ability to prepare and update HSE statistical tracking and trending data.
Ability to carry out incident investigation and root cause analysis.
Proficient in the use of MS Office Applications (Words, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
Proven experience in Oil & Gas projects
A minimum of ten year’s practical experience in occupational HSE
Holding a Diploma or Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or other allied fields.
HSE relevant trainings, NEBOSH or equivalent
Eligible candidates send your CV in English to
email@example.com with subject line: HSE Manager. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to the further stages of the recruitment process.