Position: Lead Pipeline Engineer
- Ensure compliance with Project technical integrity, quality, and HSSE standards.
- Oversee interfaces with Contractor pipeline engineering group & subcontractor speciality groups and the coordination of their on site support responsibilities.
- Through direct reports, ensure work is undertaken in accordance with contract engineering requirements, the agreed schedules, procedures and specifications.
- Manage efficient operation of the Site Technical Query system and provision of correct interpretation of design to Contractor. Review queries in country and the proposed solutions as appropriate. Coordinate timely responses within Company’s engineering team and responses to Contractor
- Participate in working with the Contractor during the constructability & readiness phase with review and acceptance of recommendations and construction principles to be applied in the field
- Manage coordination responsibilities of direct reports for field engineering, construction &procurement.
- The position requires previous experience on large diameter pipeline projects with the ability to oversee and manage the engineering aspects of ongoing site work.
- Ensure provision of necessary support to the Construction Managers to achieve Project objectives.
- Actively promote Quality Policy & Objectives and ensure compliance
- Demonstrate HSE participation by actively engaging the company site team and the construction
- Contractor with actions that contribute to delivering on HSE expectations
- Ensure adequate review and endorsement of Contractor’s Plans, procedures and method statements and adherence to the requirements of associated Inspection & Test Plans
- Attend weekly construction progress meetings with the PMT team & Pipeline Contractor
- Participate in audits of Contractor’s activities and monitor effective resolution of any non- conformances
- Management of interfacing with Contractor
engineering technical & contractual issues
Organising surveillance of the Contractor’s activities
- Review responses to Site Technical Queries and ensure resolution with Contractor.
- Hold and chair Site Engineering meetings and ensure compliance with engineering requirements
- Oversee the decision process relating to the disposition of deviations and concessions to
- University Degree or equivalent qualification in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of engineering & pipeline experience for an operator/end client
- Minimum of 7 years’ recent experience involving the process for installing cross country large bore pipelines
- Experience & knowledge involving the
installation of linepipe by the Micro Tunnel
and Tunnel Boring Machine methods and major tie-ins (hot taps) to live operating pipelines
- Experience involving the installation of international pipeline projects
- Ability to provide technical support & assurance of applicable linepipe installation standards
- Ability to perform effectively in a team environment, inclusive of demonstrating collaborative, cooperative, flexible, adaptable, respectful, and tactful personal characteristics
- Familiarity with International Standards which form the basis for project pipeline specifications
- Confident and energetic approach to addressing all technical issues
- Good inter-person
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by indicating the position title (Lead Pipeline Engineer) in the subject line of your email.