Lead Subsea Project Engineer
Key Responsibilities include:
- To act as lead subsea project engineer for the Wood subsea engineering team in Baku, Azerbaijan with responsibility for local project management and technical delivery
- Manage the delivery of the detailed design of major subsea projects, including subsea pipelines, structures, risers and umbilical systems.
- Interface with client and contractors both in-country and abroad. Report on project delivery status and recommend and implement changes as required.
- Provide technical advice and support to project teams, where required.
- Work with other Wood offices to ensure successful resourcing and delivery of projects.
- Coordinate and participate in peer review of project work.
- Ensure ISO Quality procedures are fully implemented and that all audits are satisfactorily completed. Wood operates an ISO 9001 compliant Quality System.
- Identify key areas for growth of subsea engineering services and support business development activities. This will include regular contact with existing clients and development of new contacts.
- Support the Wood Regional Manager in developing yearly business plan for the subsea business in-country.
- Support the Regional Manager to deliver annual recruitment plan.
- Your responsibilities will include other tasks which your manager may instruct you to undertake from time to time.
Required Competencies and Experience:
- 15 years’ experience in supporting and delivering subsea engineering and projects.
- MSc or MEng (UK) or international equivalent in an engineering discipline.
- Professional accreditation, such as Chartered Engineer.
- Proven track record of subsea engineering, both design analysis techniques and product functional requirements.
- Excellent organizational abilities.
- Proven communication skills with demonstrated ability to network and influence across organizational boundaries.
- High customer focus with strong commercial and contractual awareness.
- Strong leadership.
- Performance driven with a strong work ethic.
HSE Responsibilities and Duties:
- Support compliance of all activities to Wood HSE and Occupational Health and Safety requirements.
- Participate in any Wood Group HSE initiatives and programmes
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com