As Technical Planning Supervisor of our Rig Aftermarket, Baku team you will play a vital part of the Baku Repair Business – leading the Technical planning analysts and Customer Sales Engineers responsible for all work coming through the Baku repair facility. You will ensure that all enquiries, work, invoicing and documentation are managed as per NOV processes and procedures. You will ensure your team have the resources, training and skills required to meet the needs of our customers for the inspections, repairs and testing of the equipment. You will identify process improvements in the Baku operations and implement these to support the needs of the client and manage these through the global resource pool available. You will develop your team to meet the ever-developing environment we work in.
- Ensure company policies and procedures are being enforced and adhered to at all times.
- Ensure Health and safety is promoted and enforced in all work activities.
- Ensure all QA aspect of our order management, work activities and documentation release are met and traceable.
- Provide continual evaluation of the groups processes and methods to assure the most effective use of resources and equipment.
- Provide Day to day supervision of employee job execution to include training, performance evaluation and employee relations.
- Work with the technical planning analysts to ensure adequate planning of all materials and manpower for all work activities.
- Ensure that there are adequate access and meetings with the master scheduler. Ensure that the information that is being handled by the master scheduler is as required for the work to be suitably planned and managed.
- Ensure that all necessary reports (internal and customer) are being created and distributed at the required frequency
- Monitor and screen all ongoing work and rectify and discrepancies if necessary
- Work with applicable groups to continually improve efficiencies with inter departmental requirements and interfaces.
- Be the first line of escalation as and when issues arise with our ability to execute a job on time, budget or to the customers expectations. Find and propose solutions to fix and/or manage the issues.
- Escalate issues further within your line management in a controlled manner should issues be out with local control.
- Work with other NOV divisions to support the needs of the Baku Repair group.
- Continually work with the local Vendors (existing and new) to look at the in-country abilities to support the products we repair and limit the need to ship our equipment. Continually build good and healthy relationships with our local vendors.
- Perform other work-related tasks as required.
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies.
Main Requirements to Candidate:
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- An exceptional ability to understand, evaluate and apply technical information
- Delivers solutions and decisions that are effective and constructively impact both NOV and our customer’s organisation
- Anticipates the impact of change and rises to the challenge, with the ability to accept risk and uncertainty
- Be willing to provide colleagues with the information they need to complete their tasks and eliminate roadblocks
- Designs and simplifies complex systems and workflows that can manage themselves with little intervention
- Can be counted on to take personal responsibility in challenging situations and be willing to engage in disputes in order to settle them equitably
- Can identify the skills required by the business and hire effectively
- Will be energised by challenges and drawn towards opportunities
- Confident and professional when representing the company in person and in writing
Personal and Interpersonal
- Imbued with a strong sense of customer focus (internal/external)
- Promotes a win-win ethos and inclusive team culture in line with business strategy
- Committed to self-improvement and development through the role in order to achieve career goals
- A candid team player who collaborates with peers to solve problems
- Firm and diplomatic when negotiating
- Is known to consistently adhere to ethical principles and expects others to follow suit
- Creates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose and clearly communicates it to the organisation
- Competency Assessor’s qualification
- High School diploma
- 7 years + working experience of
- Break down and rebuild of product components:
- Rig floor equipment, handling tools (including power swivels and elevators)
- 7 years + working experience in planning and scheduling of rig equipment repairs and servicing
- 7 years + managing a team of 6 + direct reports within the fitting service and repair oil and gas environment
- 7 years + working within a global competency framework
Skills, training or special knowledge:
- Experience in using bespoke Global ERP, Tracker and Finance systems
- 7 years + in finance systems knowledge including Glovia
- 7 years + in Competency framework systems
- Proven track record in identifying and implementing process / systems improvements with a repair and service environment
- 7 years + training and technical competency development of employees
- Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
We welcome your application via the link to NOV’s career page https://www.nov.com/careers/
where you can submit your CV and further details about your experience.