As Supply Chain Specialist in our Rig Aftermarket, Baku team you will play a vital part in establishing our supply chain and materials management business. As a specialist in supply chain and materials management your role will be to build, train and develop the newly established team to make them self-sufficient. You will be responsible for developing the team and processes for overseeing the efficient receipt, storage and order picking of NOV parts and BP owned equipment/products, implementing and managing effective processes and systems ensuring productivity targets within the warehouse are met. You will oversee, implement and control an efficient, effective forward and reverse flow of goods between the point of origin and the point of consumption to meet both the business’s and customers’ requirements. You will utilise your specific inventory management experience to establish or monitor performance measurement systems and will continually evaluate and improve the team’s structure and processes to improve performance and team effectiveness. Developing our business goes hand in hand with developing our people’s skills, with the support of your line manager, you will be open to career progression and continued self-development to reach personal and business goals.
- Develop and train the supply chain team and manager until they can take over these duties and run the Baku supply chain business autonomously:
- Proactive with the setup of the new in country operation to accommodate movement and storage of NOV and customers material.
- Strategically manage warehouse in compliance with NOV’s and BP’s policies and vision
- Ensure all company policies surrounding stock, health & safety, quality requirements and housekeeping are met and improved upon as identified.
- Fully accountable for implementing, achieving and maintaining all relevant KPIs, identifying areas for improvement
- Maintain an up-to-date visual management/customer report, including KPI graphs of performance against target, improvement action list and any applicable local work instructions.
- Monitor and maintain accurate and timely transactions in SAP / Glovia
- Maintain receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Continually monitor and rearrange layout to ensure efficient space utilisation
- Produce reports and statistics regularly (IN/OUT status report, dead stock report etc)
- Receive feedback and monitor the quality of services provided
- Comply with local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguard warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Control inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Maintain physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Complete warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintain warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintain warehouse staff job results by coaching and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Carry out other duties as and when business requirements dictate as may be reasonably expected by line manager
- Ensure all customer requirements associated to the VMI contract are met.
Main Requirements to Candidate:
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Able to understand the business needs and drivers
- Anticipates the impact of change and rises to the challenge, with the ability to accept risk and uncertainty
- Be willing to provide colleagues with the information they need to complete their tasks and eliminate roadblocks
- Will set clear, stretching goals and assign responsibilities that bring out the best work from people
- Able to define, work within and improve business processes based on immediate and future business needs
- Can be counted on to take personal responsibility in challenging situations and be willing to engage in disputes in order to settle them equitably
- Can identify the skills required by the business and hire effectively
Energy and Drive
- Will dependably achieve what he or she sets out to do, and expects others to do likewise
Personal and Interpersonal
- Firm and diplomatic when negotiating
- Able to motivate a wide range of individuals, including direct reports, team members, and project members
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport
- 7 + years Warehouse Management experience
- 7 + years working within an Inventory management position
- 7 + years component/product classification according to Custom standards
- 7 years + managing a team of 15 + direct reports within the Supply Chain function
- 7 years + working within a global competency framework
- New Warehouse start up experience and transferring / adapting process and procedures to suit local legislation
- Working knowledge of inventory analysis within Oil and Gas
- Risk assessments
Skills, training or special knowledge:
- Experience in using bespoke Global ERP, Tracker and Finance systems
- 7 years + in finance systems knowledge including Glovia
- 7 years + training and technical competency development of employees
- Trained Workplace (Competency) Assessor
- Proven track record in identifying and implementing process / systems improvements within an oil and gas warehouse environment
- Computer literacy (including good command
of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
We welcome your application via the link to NOV’s career page https://www.nov.com/careers/ where you can submit your CV and further details about your experience.