Position: Lead Pre-Commissioning Engineer
Work Location: Base Office (30 km away from the city centre)
Position Schedule: 1 year (renewable)
Education: Higher education degree in Mechanical, Structural Engineering
- 3-5 years of experience as a Lead Pre-commissioning Engineer within Oil and Gas Offshore Engineering and Construction industry;
- 10 years of international experience as Pipeline Hydrotesting and Pre-Commissioning Engineer on medium-to large-scale and complex offshore projects.
- Knowledge of techniques and operation in order to perform the pipeline hydrotesting and Pre-Commissioning activities in agreement and liaison with other project disciplines and functions;
- Knowledge of the main equipment and instrumentation utilized for the Hydrotesting and Pre-Commissioning activities (i.e. pigging, pumps, compressors, instrumentation, etc.);
- Knowledge of hydrotest methodologies, interpretation of gauging activities results, applicable pressurization/depressurization steps (stabilization time). Knowledge of cleaning filling, dewatering methodologies and valves testing and preservation. Knowledge of reinstatement sequences;
- Capability to define team members overall roles and responsibilities and enhance individual skills ensuring the best performance of the team in order to achieve the objectives;
- Capability to coordinate Subcontractors and internal personnel from a technical point of view, being their focal point;
- Capability to plan Discipline engineering activities and documentation deliverables in order to meet Project schedule milestones considering design workflows and engineering interfaces with all other Project Disciplines and functions. Capability to manage dynamic changes due to endogenous and exogenous factors;
- Knowledge of Discipline engineering design criteria, methods and workflows from conceptual phase up to site engineering phase. Capability to define the technical documents set based on Project quantities and scope of work. Capability to perform and coordinate Project engineering documents production activities and to check and review design documents, prepared either internally or by Vendors;
- Capability to handle subcontracted engineering work packages defining the scope of work, the milestones and documentation deliverables. Capability to control the quality, the costs and the timing of the subcontracted activities ensuring the compliance with project scheduling and goals and with contract requirements.
Languages: Azerbaijani (fluent); English (fluent)
- Ensure that the Hydrotesting and Pre-Commissioning engineering activities are properly managed and correctly performed;
- Lead the Hydrotesting and Pre-Commissioning engineering and construction activities on site;
- Assist Project Manager on the budget allocation and monitoring. Coordinate with Installation Manager for sequence/schedule review;
- Identify, mitigate and monitor Project Risk associated to discipline;
- Be responsible to follow-up, plan, supervise and co-ordinate the Hydrotesting and Pre-Commissioning operation on site;
- Organize and coordinate the activities of the Hydrotesting and Pre-Commissioning team assigned, providing technical and administrative guidance to ensure that aims and objectives are effectively and economically achieved;
- Provide the discipline check and review of documents, calculations, drawings and schedule issued by the Hydrotesting and Pre-Commissioning engineering team assigned;
- Perform the commercial evaluation of the Hydrotesting and Pre-Commissioning Subcontractors activity in comparison with the in-house equipment and personnel cost estimation;
- Ensure technical coordination with all other phases of work, including attendance at interface meetings;
- Attend meeting with Client regarding critical issues arising from the Hydrotesting and Pre-Commissioning activities;
- Administer and coordinate the Hydrotesting and Pre-Commissioning Subcontractor and its activity on site;
- Ensure adequate training for the Hydrotesting and Pre-Commissioning Engineers both in office and on site;
- Participate actively and review Risk Assessment of level 1 and 2 prior any operation.
Applications to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating position title in the subject line.