Position: Senior Planning Engineer
Reports to: Business Services Manager
✔ Lead the Planning Team.
✔ Establish the project planning system and draft departmental procedures.
✔ Prepare and participate technical & commercial proposals.
✔ Prepare and participate detailed cost estimations for tender submission, liaise with client requirements.
- Prepare and maintain the Project Tender Schedule (Baseline) for all disciplines of work.
- Prepare and maintain the Project Contract Master Schedule (CMS) for all disciplines of work.
- Prepare and participate for the Project Execution Plans.
- Identifying the major milestones, critical approvals.
- Establish the resource plan and progress measurement system.
- Review procurement and subcontract plans to ensure they comply with CMS.
- Assist in the development of work-packs for all disciplines.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports in accordance with contract and internal procedural requirements.
- Prepare daily reports in accordance with contract requirements.
- Maintain an ‘as-built’ schedule.
- Update the CMS on a weekly basis, monitor deviations and identify any problem areas to the Business Services Manager / Assistant Project Manager.
- Read, understand and implement the Company Safety Policy and the arrangements described in the Company and Project safety Management System documents.
- Perform Project Coordination.
✔ Minimum 4-year Civil Engineering degree preferred or related technical field.
✔ Master’s Degree in Engineering.
✔ Specialization is preferred.
✔ 5 years of related work experience in planning and scheduling both engineering and construction activities is required (Oil and Gas Projects is preferable).
✔ Must be knowledgeable of current Primavera Enterprise Systems (P6) scheduling technology and how it can be effectively utilized on the project.
✔ Proven ability to perform in a technical role, possess good written and oral communication skills, and have a thorough of industry practices and regulations.
✔ Engineering skills – planning engineers need a strong understanding of technical engineering principles to predict future problems and find solutions for them.
✔ Strategic planning – the primary job of planning engineers is determining the necessary path for a project to get completed on time.
✔ Project management – understanding how to scope a project and create work schedules to ensure completion within the timeframe and budget allotted is a key duty of planning engineers.
✔ Teamwork – planning engineers interact effectively with cross-functional team members and external stakeholders at various levels of responsibility.
✔ Mathematical skills – high levels of mathematical skills and analytical problem-solving are critical to the performance of this role.
✔ Communication skills – planning engineers need strong verbal and written skills to provide reports to clients and stakeholders as well as articulate complex project plans to team members.
✔ Computer skills – planning engineers use specialized computer software for engineering and project management purposes, and also to produce visual presentations, using bar charts and graphs to explain work schedules.