Title: DCS Specialist
Department: Engineering & Maintenance
- Assistance towards the development of the DCS and ESD engineering discipline throughout the station and wider business.
- Ensure competence levels are maintained in line with DCS and ESD accreditation and ensure any deficiencies are identified and addressed through development plans.
- Engineering, implementation and commissioning of plant improvements that require modification of the DCS and ESD systems, its code or process parameters; including owning and contributing to relevant scheme papers.
- Engaging and assisting appropriate specialist engineering support, internal and external.
- Providing technical support on a daily basis to the maintenance team. (fault diagnosis, rectification and improvement )
- This will involve ‘hands-on’ engineering, the supervision of staff and is expected to involve an element of call-out support.
- Setting the engineering standards to ensure station compliance with statutory and mandatory requirements in the following areas:
- Process Safety for DCS and process control issues, Corporate Procedures
- Responsibility for developing the plant asset strategies for DCS and ESD equipment, based upon safety and commercial risk assessment.
- this will include, Routine inspections, Maintenance, Outages.
- Critical spares management.
- Management of budgets and contracts.
- Provide instrumentation & control system engineering using appropriate Management of Change processes
- Development and implement modifications of control system logic as required
- Management of the schedule, and labor hour estimate for modification on plant
- Participate in FAT
- Review, evaluate, and advise DCS and ESD specifications and purchase requisitions
- Reviews or sets design basis for abnormal operating conditions
- Conduct troubleshooting on DCS and ESD system failures
- Accountable for review PMs procedure and updates
- Accountable for development DCS and ESD maintenance procedure
- Accountable for Developing process control strategies, writing functional and detailed design specifications.
- Plan and implement strategies to maintain systems and avoid obsolescence.
- Train and develop local specialist and junior staff providing both in class as well as in field
- Provide support to training department as required in order to implement training program
- Support field instrument and DCS personnel on troubleshooting
- Support implementation routing activates
- Support Operations and Maintenance in extending the use of DCS and ESD and bringing performance improvement and efficiencies to the business.
- Conduct audits on systems, equipment and maintenance strategies to ensure compliance with internal standards and maintain audit readiness.
• 5 years of experience in maintenance and projects
• 5-6 years of exprtirnce in Yokogawa DCS and ESD systems.
• Technically competent as defined by the plant modification process.
• Functional leadership of DCS and ESD engineering technicians and craft support.
Interested candidates should follow the link below:
The above vacancy is addressed to nationals of Azerbaijan or with permanent residency in Azerbaijan. All eligible applications for the advertised post will be assessed and given equal opportunities.
Application closing date: 28 January 2020