Socar Cape joint venture working on major construction and maintenance projects both onshore and offshore. Projects include fabric maintenance on oil & gas platforms in the Caspian Sea and onshore operations in Azerbaijan and Georgia. We have delivered value to our customers through a safe, collaborative, innovative and efficient way of working.
We are looking for a “Special Services Manager” (only local candidates will be considered) with below requirements:
- Review method statements, risk assessments to ensure they are applicable and appropriate prior to commencement of work.
- Ensure excellent on-going relationships with client. identifying needs and optimizing new opportunities
- Ensure all Supervisors understand the contract specifications and are able to impart to others
- Ensure performance on all works through proper analysis of information, assessment of execution of works and feedback from employees and clients.
- Ensure that utilization of labor, plant and equipment is optimized, suggesting different methods or improvements to supervisors and teams.
- Monitor activities, equipment and labour on jobs, ensuring that costs remain within specified limits and investigate problem areas.
- Discuss utilization problems directly with Operations Manager where not optimized.
- Make unscheduled visits as well as planned visits to sites to assess performance and to facilitate constructive communications with employees.
- Obtain organized and planned feedback from teams and clients, ensuring that work is progressing to expectation.
- Without compromising job safety, the standard of work, or client relationship, exceed productivity targets
- Ensure regular and effective communication with Operations Supervisors, encouraging good teamwork and a positive working climate.
- Driving the nationalization initiatives
- Carry out pre-project brief with project supervisor before deployment
- Ensure that vehicle and equipment checks are carried out in accordance with policy, reporting defects through proper procedures.
- Review and plan resources required on works, ensuring best possible utilization
- Conduct Water Jetting training (as a representative of Water Jetting Association)
- Must have excellent English language skills – reading, writing and understand engineering drawings for both the clients and company equipment
- 2 – 3 years work experience in similar role
- Must have relevant experience in the following:
- Managing safety
- Operations of safe systems of work
- Use of permit system
- Emergency procedures & rescue planning
- Confined space jetting and CSE procedures and operations
If you feel you have the skills, experience and approach necessary to perform this role please apply by sending your CV to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating position name in the subject.